Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Took battery out of Canon Pocketwizard TT1 and now it won't power on again

pplskills
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Took battery out of Canon Pocketwizard TT1 and now it won't power on again

So bought this TT1 on the forums here and was preparing for a shoot tomorrow. I was replacing the battery with a new one and after i opened the battery door to put in new battery it wont power on again with old or new battery. I don't get it. It still blinks green when usb plugged in. Is there a trick to putting the battery in? I've tried everything.

Apr 08, 2014 at 10:44 PM
leethecam
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Took battery out of Canon Pocketwizard TT1 and now it won't power on again

Possibly getting power from USB which is why you're getting green blinks.

No trick to replacing battery. Check it's not upside down. Check contacts aren't dirty / greasy. Check contacts are actually making contact. Have you tried the old battery again (maybe the new one is duff).

I've swopped batteries a few times with no issues, but I bet you'll find it's something small and daft!

Apr 09, 2014 at 01:28 AM
docsmiles17
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Took battery out of Canon Pocketwizard TT1 and now it won't power on again

make sure the battery you are using is good by testing it in something else or a battery meter (should you have one). I suspect the battery (even if new) is no bueno.

Apr 09, 2014 at 01:37 AM
pplskills
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Took battery out of Canon Pocketwizard TT1 and now it won't power on again

Have tried all of the above including buying brand new batteries at walmart. Things is foobared. Very weird. Putting batteries in something isn't rocket science. Gave up after a few hours. Did a factory reset and everything.

Apr 09, 2014 at 02:24 AM
envirobob
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Took battery out of Canon Pocketwizard TT1 and now it won't power on again

I've had this problem and found that the battery was upside down. It's counterintuitive as to the way you think it goes. Flip it over and give it a try. I know it frustrated me.

May 03, 2014 at 03:13 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.