Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · Would you edit during the reception?

ai3x
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Would you edit during the reception?

I've been deleting in camera for a long time and never had any problems. The times I've heard of it being an issue are in earlier Canon cameras. Anyone had a problem recently/with a nikon?

Apr 09, 2014 at 10:49 AM
Prettym1k3
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Would you edit during the reception?

I cull in camera while I eat sometimes. If there's blatantly out of focus images, or I immediately look at an image and know I'll never use it, I dump it.

I can usually cut out 50-100 pictures doing this, and save that saves on data storage, back-up time, off-loading times, importing time, and culling time.

Apr 09, 2014 at 12:54 PM
DONIV
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Would you edit during the reception?

editing is that last thing on my mind towards the end of a reception. i cull a lot of images in camera...saves me a ton of time during post. i shoot w/ 1dx/5d3/5d2 never had issues with that (knock on wood)

Apr 09, 2014 at 04:18 PM
mjbetch
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Would you edit during the reception?

As a non-wedding photographer, I've always wondered if I was the only one who doesn't delete in camera.

But to answer your question like every one else, I can't even imagine thinking about editing during the reception.

Apr 09, 2014 at 05:55 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Would you edit during the reception?

I never thought I would hear someone talking about doing this while they are still at the event. My answer is no way.

Apr 09, 2014 at 06:08 PM
SGallant
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Would you edit during the reception?

Inku Yo wrote:
You shouldn't delete in camera. Increases the chances of corrupting your card. Also, an image will look completely different on your large monitor than on your small camera screen.

To answer the OP, no I would not edit during the reception or anywhere besides on my home computer.

I did not know this. Thanks!

Apr 09, 2014 at 06:22 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Would you edit during the reception?

jmraso wrote:
deleting photos on camera regardless you can see they are not keepers just scares the shit out of me !!!

+1

I've never worked with a photog who deletes in camera.

Apr 11, 2014 at 02:10 AM
myam203
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Would you edit during the reception?

I delete in camera, although I know it's a habit I need to break. However, if you want to get a jump on editing, the 5D apparently has a "Rate" button, or for Nikon users, there's a LR plugin that will allow you to identify locked images. I've never tried it, but maybe there are others out there as well: http://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/jbeardsworth/locktastic/

Apr 11, 2014 at 11:39 AM
Michael Beard
• •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Would you edit during the reception?

I delete some images on the fly usually if I know they are no good. When shooting with 2 cards in the 5D3 it only deletes the images from the card you have set for Playback, so if there is ever an issue with corruption on the CF card I still have all of the images untouched on the SD.

Apr 11, 2014 at 11:59 AM
vinmunoz
• •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Would you edit during the reception?

that's a silly thing to do in my opinion. that's the time when you can act as second shooter. do some candid shots. look for good angle everywhere. i was running around all the time during my last wedding.

I also don't want them to see my bad shots if there's any.

Apr 12, 2014 at 08:39 AM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.