Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Street Shot

sbeme
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Street Shot

OK, I'll play. In color.
Taken last weekend.

Scott

GoetzPhotoz 2014

Canon EOS 5D Mark II    EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens    102mm    f/6.7    1/125s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  

Apr 09, 2014 at 12:11 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Street Shot

Polar pop got the best of that dude!

Savannah?

Bob

Apr 09, 2014 at 12:27 AM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Street Shot

Savannah.
But, things are picking up

Apr 09, 2014 at 12:38 AM
Oregon Gal
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Street Shot

Bob Jarman wrote:
Polar pop got the best of that dude!

Savannah?

Bob

You took the words outta my mouth. I like the image but the out of focus yellow object is a distraction. If you have time try a B / W conversion for comparison.

Apr 09, 2014 at 01:28 AM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Street Shot

Maybe a tighter crop to avoid the distracting object and a few tweaks?

Apr 09, 2014 at 01:40 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Street Shot

Somebody needs to wake him up and tell him St. Patrick's Day is over...for any of you who might not be familiar with Savannah

Bob

Apr 09, 2014 at 01:15 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

bogeybrown

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Street Shot

FWIW, I like the OOF Yellow object in the foreground. It appears to be a toy or parade trinket or something, which helps tell the story. With it in the shot in conveys that there was some sort of festivity going on. With it in the shot, the main subject comes across as someone who was enjoying the same party as everyone else and might have over indulged.
Without the hint in the foreground, he comes across as an eccentric homeless person passed out in the park.

One conveys conviviality, the other conveys a bit of sadness.

Just my .02, and probably not worth that much.

Apr 11, 2014 at 09:14 AM
boingyman
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Street Shot

A balloon maker taking a break. With him passed out you could have easily gone up closer and find a more interesting composition and aesthetics...Better yet skip it...

You also say in color... Don't we see in color?

Just something to thnk about.

Apr 11, 2014 at 03:17 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Street Shot

bogeybrown wrote:
FWIW, I like the OOF Yellow object in the foreground. It appears to be a toy or parade trinket or something, which helps tell the story. With it in the shot in conveys that there was some sort of festivity going on. With it in the shot, the main subject comes across as someone who was enjoying the same party as everyone else and might have over indulged.
Without the hint in the foreground, he comes across as an eccentric homeless person passed out in the park.

One conveys conviviality, the other conveys a bit of sadness.

Just my .02, and probably
...Show more
I debated this. Rather than a tighter crop or cloning, I hoped it would serve to point to the sleeping balloon maker, imply some movement, joy, celebration in contrast to the sleeping guy. So, we are on the same page.
Thanks for your input.
Scott

Apr 12, 2014 at 12:25 AM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Street Shot

boingyman wrote:
A balloon maker taking a break. With him passed out you could have easily gone up closer and find a more interesting composition and aesthetics...Better yet skip it...

You also say in color... Don't we see in color?

Just something to thnk about.

Sorry it didnt work for you.
I shot at a distance. He was catnapping. Quick momentary doze, then looking up. And I didnt want to embarass him so I sought a shot from a distance.
"color"? Just playing with the series of street images recently shared, BW images. This one aint right for black and white!

Scott

Apr 12, 2014 at 12:26 AM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Street Shot

Oregon Gal wrote:
You took the words outta my mouth. I like the image but the out of focus yellow object is a distraction. If you have time try a B / W conversion for comparison.

Thanks (Bob and Barbara).
Reluctant to do BW since I wanted some of the "festivity" implied by the color balloons, against his lifelessness. Selective color might work, but I usually feel those images look to gimmicky.
Scott

Apr 12, 2014 at 12:28 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password