Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
3
       end
  

Samyang/Bower 14mm f/2.8 Ultra Wide-Angle for $299
  
 
johnctharp
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Samyang/Bower 14mm f/2.8 Ultra Wide-Angle for $299


pointbob wrote:
Could you provide a link to the " a lens profile in LR"? thx


This is the guy

You'll have to search to get it, but it's in there. Load it with LR closed, and then it'll be at the bottom of your lens list under 'Canon' when you re-open it.



Apr 18, 2014 at 06:09 AM
pointbob
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Samyang/Bower 14mm f/2.8 Ultra Wide-Angle for $299


johnctharp wrote:
This is the guy

You'll have to search to get it, but it's in there. Load it with LR closed, and then it'll be at the bottom of your lens list under 'Canon' when you re-open it.


Thank you - what a difference. The mustache distortion is gone.



Apr 23, 2014 at 08:07 PM
andychen
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Samyang/Bower 14mm f/2.8 Ultra Wide-Angle for $299


hi, there, I need some help here. The price of the Bower lens is no longer $299, but I see a Rokinon one priced at $299 at BHphoto, are they the same? I need a canon version. Thanks a lot!


http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/769532-REG/Rokinon_FE14M_C_14mm_Ultra_Wide_Angle_f_2_8.html



Apr 27, 2014 at 10:07 PM
johnctharp
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Samyang/Bower 14mm f/2.8 Ultra Wide-Angle for $299


pointbob wrote:
Thank you - what a difference. The mustache distortion is gone.


Glad it worked for you!



Apr 27, 2014 at 11:06 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



johnctharp
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Samyang/Bower 14mm f/2.8 Ultra Wide-Angle for $299


andychen wrote:
hi, there, I need some help here. The price of the Bower lens is no longer $299, but I see a Rokinon one priced at $299 at BHphoto, are they the same? I need a canon version. Thanks a lot!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/769532-REG/Rokinon_FE14M_C_14mm_Ultra_Wide_Angle_f_2_8.html


Samyang (the actual manufacturer in Korea), Bower, Rokinon, Pro-Optic, and a few others have branded versions of the Samyang 14/2.8 in various mounts. They're all the same.



Apr 27, 2014 at 11:07 PM
andychen
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Samyang/Bower 14mm f/2.8 Ultra Wide-Angle for $299


johnctharp wrote:
Samyang (the actual manufacturer in Korea), Bower, Rokinon, Pro-Optic, and a few others have branded versions of the Samyang 14/2.8 in various mounts. They're all the same.



Thanks a lot, then how come the bower version is more expensive than the rokinon version? It is so confusing.



Apr 28, 2014 at 01:52 AM
AnthonyRay
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Samyang/Bower 14mm f/2.8 Ultra Wide-Angle for $299


andychen wrote:
hi, there, I need some help here. The price of the Bower lens is no longer $299, but I see a Rokinon one priced at $299 at BHphoto, are they the same? I need a canon version. Thanks a lot!


Yes, I see the Rokinon is on sale at B&H right now - grab it!

As John said, they're the same. No, the Bower isn't more expensive - they're all identically priced when not on sale. They seem to rotate the sale price, but it seems to be mostly Rokinon lately. Maybe more inventory? It doesn't matter - I think the Rokinon is better anyway.

Why? Because it has a Red Ring. It has been scientifically established that having a Red Ring on your lens improves your shots a minimum of 10-30%.




Edited on Apr 28, 2014 at 02:23 AM · View previous versions



Apr 28, 2014 at 02:04 AM
andychen
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Samyang/Bower 14mm f/2.8 Ultra Wide-Angle for $299


just purchased the Rokinon version, thanks guys!


Apr 28, 2014 at 02:14 AM
1       2      
3
       end




FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
3
       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password