Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Is the oil problem gone with d600 serviced or the newer d...

Rooster L200
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · Is the oil problem gone with d600 serviced or the newer d610?

I had no problems, but sent it in anyway, turn around was within 2 weeks, and they kept me informed every step of the way (excellent). They replaced the whole shebang (shutter, 8 seals AND AF sensor), came back with full warranty and paperwork to prove the work done. Going out this afternoon with the big glass for a field hockey game. We'll see.....

Apr 19, 2014 at 09:53 AM
MsTakin

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · Is the oil problem gone with d600 serviced or the newer d610?

My D600 had over 50,000 clicks on it when Nikon replaced the shutter which, essentially makes it a new camera! Never had problems before, have none now. Am considering a 2nd D600 since they're going relatively inexpensively...

Apr 24, 2014 at 11:04 PM
sassykoi

p.2 #3 · Is the oil problem gone with d600 serviced or the newer d610?

I love mine got more spots but it was dust

Edited on Jun 19, 2014 at 01:15 PM · View previous versions

Apr 27, 2014 at 07:26 PM
newusaa

p.2 #4 · Is the oil problem gone with d600 serviced or the newer d610?

I am considering a D600 also. Did you guys who bought used worry at all about the previous owners getting in there and mucking around too much with the sensor. Are there good ways to tell if a sensor has been damaged in a buying situation?

Thanks.

Jun 19, 2014 at 07:41 AM
williamkazak
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · Is the oil problem gone with d600 serviced or the newer d610?

Honestly, I don't get this. The sensor is under a cover glass. Correct? If so, the user cannot damage the sensor.

Jun 19, 2014 at 12:23 PM
CanadaMark
• •
p.2 #6 · Is the oil problem gone with d600 serviced or the newer d610?

williamkazak wrote:
Honestly, I don't get this. The sensor is under a cover glass. Correct? If so, the user cannot damage the sensor.

Correct however the low pass filter on top of the sensor can get damaged or scratched, affecting image quality.

Jun 19, 2014 at 03:20 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

MitchSC
• • •
p.2 #7 · Is the oil problem gone with d600 serviced or the newer d610?

I've never really understood this completely. But isn't the low pass filter bonded to the
sensor making it a physical part of the sensor? And with the 7100/800E isn't there a protective glass in place of the low pass filter?

Jun 19, 2014 at 03:32 PM
CanadaMark
• •
p.2 #8 · Is the oil problem gone with d600 serviced or the newer d610?

MitchSC wrote:
I've never really understood this completely. But isn't the low pass filter bonded to the
sensor making it a physical part of the sensor? And with the 7100/800E isn't there a protective glass in place of the low pass filter?

My understanding is the D800E still has an AA filter, it simply is not oriented in a way that performs the AA function. There is still a layer of glass protecting the sensor.

Jun 19, 2014 at 03:48 PM
MitchSC
• • •
p.2 #9 · Is the oil problem gone with d600 serviced or the newer d610?

Ok, but if the protective glass/filter was scratched the sensor would need to be replaced. Correct?

Jun 19, 2014 at 03:54 PM
CanadaMark
• •
p.2 #10 · Is the oil problem gone with d600 serviced or the newer d610?

MitchSC wrote:
Ok, but if the protective glass/filter was scratched the sensor would need to be replaced. Correct?

That I am not 100% sure of. It may vary from camera to camera as well. I always thought they were separate parts, especially since you can do conversions to remove the AA filter on "normal" cameras (eg. you could send your D300 to a company that removed the AA filter).

Jun 19, 2014 at 04:36 PM
runamuck
• • • • •
p.2 #11 · Is the oil problem gone with d600 serviced or the newer d610?

Even if there is no OLPF, there is an IR filter. Without that filter, you have an IR modified camera.

There have been cases where cleaning liquid got trapped between the sensor and the filter. this of course made a trip back to the mother ship necessary.

Jun 19, 2014 at 05:24 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password