Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Multiple cameras on one tripod

kurt765
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Multiple cameras on one tripod

Does anyone have any experience mounting multiple cameras on one tripod? Preferably not too expensive?

I see there's the Gitzo G1539 17-Inch Double Camera Platform. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

-K

Apr 08, 2014 at 02:27 AM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Multiple cameras on one tripod

RRS makes some camera bars and you can cobble somethign together

Apr 08, 2014 at 03:19 AM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Multiple cameras on one tripod

manfrotto also does setup gear too. you need to define "Preferably not too expensive" a little further.

Apr 08, 2014 at 03:32 AM
kurt765
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Multiple cameras on one tripod

Well I would like to keep it under $150. The RRS stuff is nice but is really expensive.

Apr 08, 2014 at 03:35 AM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Multiple cameras on one tripod

What exactly do you have on mind?

Apr 08, 2014 at 03:55 AM
kurt765
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Multiple cameras on one tripod

Just looking to have two cameras - 5d3 / d800 on one pod for night photography purposes. I have some large sturdy tripods so I'm just thinking about something small that would allow for a dual camera setup.

Apr 08, 2014 at 04:45 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Multiple cameras on one tripod

You could get a Hejnar rail, like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-x1-2-rail-for-arca-swiss-kirk-markins-wimberley-acratech-foba-benro-feisol-/330662415157

If you want them pointing at the same subject, then a couple of small clamps could be attached to the rail.

Another approach would be to put one camera on your existing tripod/head, and mount another to the top of a tripod leg using a super clamp on a double-ball head with small A-S clamp on top.

Apr 08, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Sami Ruusunen
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Multiple cameras on one tripod

I've used "hotshoe to tripod mount adapter" when I've shooted video and timelapse at the same time with 2 cameras. So i just put the other camera on the top of another.

Apr 08, 2014 at 11:28 AM
15Bit
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Multiple cameras on one tripod

kurt765 wrote:
Well I would like to keep it under $150. The RRS stuff is nice but is really expensive.

For $150 i suspect you are going to be using sticks and ductape I think you might need to revise that upward somewhat....

Apr 08, 2014 at 05:47 PM
kurt765
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Multiple cameras on one tripod

Seems like I should just get yet another tripod. It will be cheaper to get a cheap head/tripod combo than to get a piece of metal to mount two cameras on one tripod. Alrighty then.

Apr 08, 2014 at 06:17 PM
Gyroscope
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Multiple cameras on one tripod

I agree get another tripod. I have a second small travel tripod I use in addition to the main. The beauty of this is that while one camera is plowing through its 10 minute exposure plus 10 min noise reduction you can be setting up the other camera in a diff comp and setting that one going. Two cameras on one tripod sounds a pain to me.

Apr 09, 2014 at 10:30 AM
Craig Gillette
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Multiple cameras on one tripod

Manfrotto and Slik and others make accessory arms that will mount multiple heads, cameras, etc. B&H shows them as tripod head accessories.

Apr 12, 2014 at 07:00 AM
Frogfish
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Multiple cameras on one tripod

Gyroscope wrote:
I agree get another tripod. I have a second small travel tripod I use in addition to the main. The beauty of this is that while one camera is plowing through its 10 minute exposure plus 10 min noise reduction you can be setting up the other camera in a diff comp and setting that one going. Two cameras on one tripod sounds a pain to me.

If you are doing this (see post above) then you do NOT want both cameras attached to the same tripod !

Apr 12, 2014 at 09:38 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password