New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Web site for fine art photos

Jeff Winters
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Web site for fine art photos

I have been working on putting up a site to sell fine art photos. http://jwint04.zenfolio.com any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. also. I haven't figured out how to get rid of the Zenfolio prefix. My url is registered with Go-Daddy as jwintphoto.com.

Apr 07, 2014 at 07:25 PM
BruceF99
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Web site for fine art photos

I'd turn off the music so it doesn't start up in the beginning.

I don't use Zenfolio, but a search of their help came up with this on how to use your won domain: http://www.zenfolio.com/zf/help-center.aspx#/customer/portal/articles/408210-using-your-own-custom-domain-name

Apr 07, 2014 at 09:37 PM
mdude85
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Web site for fine art photos

I think you should be a bit more selective as to what images you display for sale on your website. For instance, you have 126 bird photos and 146 photos of China. My guess is that few people are going to click through more than 2 or 3 pages worth of photos. If I were you I would try to slim down each of the galleries to 20-30 images apiece, choosing only your best work for display and avoiding redundancies like uploading multiple photos of substantially the same scene only taken at a slightly different angle.

Apr 08, 2014 at 11:39 AM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Web site for fine art photos

Jeff, I use Zenfolio and GoDaddy as well. Please note the GoDaddy option on the page Bruce referred you to. They have a specific instruction set on pointing a GoDaddy-registered domain to your Zen site. I think it took me 40 minutes or so (only because I'm anal) to set it up but if memory serves, you need to solicit some info from GoDaddy (explained in Zenfolio's tutorial) prior to the fill in the blanks.

And +1 on Bruce's comment about music. I haven't visited your site but probably 90% of the folks around here and 97% of consumers will tell you uninvited audio of any sort is annoying. A pity in some ways, but true.

Best,

Chuck

Edit: I'm not playing hall monitor but I just had a look and in case you aren't aware, unless you have a license agreement with Billy Joel, using his music is a Federal copyright violation.

Apr 28, 2014 at 12:20 AM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Web site for fine art photos

If you must have music, make it opt-in. Opt-out music will blast people in earphones who are already listening to music or disturb officemates or sleeping housemates at night.

Apr 28, 2014 at 04:46 AM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.