Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Steve Tinetti, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Do you get complaints on your lights?

joosay
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Do you get complaints on your lights?

I've gotten a complaint during my first year...by the wedding planner. "That's not gonna go off all night is it?"

/shrug
/thinks to myself: not sure if serious

Apr 07, 2014 at 11:32 PM
yitzy

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Do you get complaints on your lights?

Happy i made you chuckle

We don't always use so many flashes, sometimes 2 sometimes 20...

for family pictures, if there isn't a nice background in the hall (happens often...) we open a full studio before the guest arrive.

During the wedding we light up the dance floor.
if there is colorful/interesting light in the hall, 1-2 flashes will be enough.
But usually in our weddings the lighting is horrible, so we light-up the whole hall.
since men and women dance separately (Jewish Orthodox weddings) there are 2 dance floors, and DOUBLE flashes.

Extra flashes also allows us to setup in advance lights in all the ceremony locations, without the need to move flashes around all night.

During the wedding all flashes are located against a wall/pillar and taped to the floor, in a way that doesn't obstruct or danger the guest.

We also always come with 2 assistants, they setup the equipment, and operate as VAL's when needed.

[P.S. the equipment and photos above are my bosses - Ariel Ravinsky - i work for him also as an assistant.
I don't have so much gear (yet )
If your curios to see his work with all those flashes,check out:
http://ar.teknoart.co.il ]

Edited on Apr 20, 2014 at 12:37 PM · View previous versions

Apr 08, 2014 at 12:08 AM
hieuhef

p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Do you get complaints on your lights?

What's interesting is what becomes considered the norm for amount of lights setup at a venue, and how locale will determine if people are fine with it or not.

A small intimate affair probably won't appreciate two monoblocks firing at 1/2 power, but a ritzy downtown ballroom like the Ritz-Carlton, no one will think twice about it.

Apr 08, 2014 at 01:10 AM
Jamesbjenkins
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Do you get complaints on your lights?

I can't tell you how much I don't care if a guest complains about my lights. We always do our best to place them as unobtrusively as possible. As long as the bride, family or planner aren't upset about it, complaints are absolutely irrelevant.

Apr 08, 2014 at 11:24 AM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password