Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · D4s EN-EL18a Batteries ???

James R
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D4s EN-EL18a Batteries ???

Puzzled by pricing and availability of Nikon's EN-EL 18a batteries. First, the camera has been out for a month or so and there are not spare batteries available, and, second, pricing is odd. I have ordered one from B&H for $149.00, while the same battery is listed at 200 and 220 from Samys and Roberts. Can't find a reason for this, the B&H is a Nikon OEM battery. Anybody settling for the EN-EL 18's rather than the "a" version? I probably should have kept one the 3 D4 batteries I included in the sale of my D4.

Apr 06, 2014 at 10:35 PM
JakeB17
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D4s EN-EL18a Batteries ???

I've just been using mostly the older non "a" batteries from my previous bodies. The new batteries are in rotation of course, but in practice the difference between the old and new ones is very small. It's maybe 10% or 15% longer life on a battery that already lasts longer than one full day of shooting.

What I find more puzzling is adobe's lack of support for it yet with lightroom updates. I'm getting real tired of converting to .dng before every import.

Apr 06, 2014 at 10:45 PM
James R
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D4s EN-EL18a Batteries ???

JakeB17 wrote:
What I find more puzzling is adobe's lack of support for it yet with lightroom updates. I'm getting real tired of converting to .dng before every import.

Schewe comment on LL to several inquiries about this issue. He said, "LR 5.4 will come when Adobe is ready...their only commitment is to release 3-4 updates for new cameras and bug fixes. I think you need to manage your expectations, ya know?"

So, I guess we wait...and use the dng converter or shoot in jpeg, or both.

Apr 06, 2014 at 10:51 PM
mongoose777
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D4s EN-EL18a Batteries ???

It really sucks that nikon cannot keep additional batteries in stock.
It has certainly been long enough for new orders to come in by now.

Jun 11, 2014 at 03:26 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.