Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Street Style (Indoors)

Oregon Gal
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Street Style (Indoors)

First time with the new Fuji XT-1. Took the camera to breakfast this morning to try my hand at some candids. Yes, I know the contact with the individuals is lacking but it's a start I find it quite difficult to capture these types of images. Suggestions welcome.

Barbara

Apr 06, 2014 at 08:23 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · Street Style (Indoors)

Join the "bashful" club!

Pre/zone focus? JPG? Lens? Post app?

I prefer #2 - hipshot?

PM me if you prefer.

Bob

Apr 06, 2014 at 08:40 PM
Oregon Gal
• • •
p.1 #3 · Street Style (Indoors)

I was sitting at the table in pic #2, camera sitting on the table, waiting for the right moment and pressed the shutter button. Aperture was set to 2.8, 23mm 1.4 lens, auto ISO, auto focus via shutter (no pre focus) jpegs converted to B/W in LR. Sadly LR at this point in time doesn't recognize the RAF files from the XT-1, hopefully soon.

I wish I had the ability to snap candids and I will try and work on it but I still prefer to be sneaky I have always been shy but as I age I find I am becoming more outgoing.

Apr 06, 2014 at 09:01 PM
gregfixit
• • •
p.1 #4 · Street Style (Indoors)

Oregon Gal wrote:
I wish I had the ability to snap candids and I will try and work on it but I still prefer to be sneaky I have always been shy but as I age I find I am becoming more outgoing.

+1

I like the quality and the feel of the shots. I would agree that it isn't easy to snap candids (or approach strangers) but from the look of these I think the results will be worth the effort.
Greg

Apr 07, 2014 at 01:24 PM
Oregon Gal
• • •
p.1 #5 · Street Style (Indoors)

Thanks, Greg. The shyness is sometimes so overpowering I leave the camera in the car. I will never be able to get over it unless I start taking baby steps.

Apr 07, 2014 at 05:08 PM
felipey

p.1 #6 · Street Style (Indoors)

Nice shots. Yah, there's no other way to overcome shyness besides shooting more and more.

Apr 07, 2014 at 05:16 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Oregon Gal
• • •
p.1 #7 · Street Style (Indoors)

Thanks felipey. Appreciate the encouragement, I suppose that is why I enjoy taking landscape images.

Apr 07, 2014 at 05:32 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · Street Style (Indoors)

I agree. Its hard to capture candids and to place oneself close in, feel you are not intruding, and still get a good image.
While the gent is a bit cut off on the edge of the frame, the expression is interesting and the angle engaging.
Worth keeping at it, expanding your comfort zone.
Scott

Apr 08, 2014 at 12:42 AM
Oregon Gal
• • •
p.1 #9 · Street Style (Indoors)

Thanks, Scott. Glad you like the image. Personally I like the idea of more reach but I guess you can't have it all. I have read some tips for street photography and will try some of the ideas suggested.

Apr 08, 2014 at 12:15 PM
FarmerJohn
• • •
p.1 #10 · Street Style (Indoors)

Really like the framing in #2, that's a great look.
#1 is interesting in the empty seats and everyone-in-their-own-little-world type of way. Maybe I'm reading too much into it

Nice work. The recent 'street' photos I did have the only people walking away. It would be be a big challenge to get them in the photo.

PS - Just downloaded a LR 5.4 which says it has support for Fuji

Apr 08, 2014 at 03:56 PM
Oregon Gal
• • •
p.1 #11 · Street Style (Indoors)

Thanks FarmerJohn, I saw that about LR this morning, very glad to here it's been updated. Taking pics of people walking away is much easier

Apr 08, 2014 at 05:17 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password