New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Nikon Transfer

shrimpone
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nikon Transfer

Two questions:
1) Why doesn't Nikon Transfer download video files from my cards? I downloaded about 16 gigs from my D800e with both photos and video, the photos all downloaded fine, but no video.
2) Like a fool, before I confirmed all the files had downloaded, I put the card back in the camera and formatted the card. How can I recover the lost video files?
Thanks for your help!

Apr 06, 2014 at 08:45 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nikon Transfer

are you using Nikon transfer or Nikon transfer 2 to begin with? Nikon transfer 2 is integrated into View NX2

simple drag and drop of the renamed folder (holding all your types of files) is generally faster and easier.

Apr 06, 2014 at 09:44 AM
ckcarr
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nikon Transfer

Mine will do it no problem. And +1 on being sure you are using the most current version of View NX2 and Transfer 2. Otherwise it will corrupt your files.

But, are you sure that your video isn't on the card in the second slot? That's the D800e default.

Apr 06, 2014 at 09:54 AM
James R
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nikon Transfer

shrimpone wrote:
Two questions:
1) Why doesn't Nikon Transfer download video files from my cards? I downloaded about 16 gigs from my D800e with both photos and video, the photos all downloaded fine, but no video.
2) Like a fool, before I confirmed all the files had downloaded, I put the card back in the camera and formatted the card. How can I recover the lost video files?
Thanks for your help!

Try recovering the files with SanDisk RescuePro Deluxe. I've had good luck using it.

Apr 06, 2014 at 09:56 AM
shrimpone
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Nikon Transfer

Thanks to everyone! I've been on asailboat in Belize for a couiple of weeks and downloaded the stuff at sea. Didn't originally find the mov files, but they are there. They were at the end of the download instead of being in chronological order.

I'll post some pics when I get them all in order.

Russ

Apr 06, 2014 at 10:53 AM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Nikon Transfer

Why use Transfer anyway? Isn't it just as easier (or easier) to use Windows Explorer and do a copy paste? That's what I do.

No offense, I'm honestly curious as I have never used Transfer.

Apr 06, 2014 at 12:49 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.