FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2014 · Sigma 50mm Art...Available June $898

Gregg Heckler
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Sigma 50mm Art...Available June $898

Maybe the sample images aren't the best examples but I really don't see anything great there for $950. I do see a lot CA however, a lot of weight, and a 77mm filter for a 50.

Apr 11, 2014 at 06:58 PM
static808
• •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Sigma 50mm Art...Available June $898

Gregg Heckler wrote:
Maybe the sample images aren't the best examples but I really don't see anything great there for $950. I do see a lot CA however, a lot of weight, and a 77mm filter for a 50.

are we looking at the same samples? there is some CA, but its not obnoxious, and pretty much every other lens will show at least that much CA in those same conditions. weight is definitely a factor if you want a discreet, lightweight lens (50/1.8g comes to mind). as for the 77mm, i see it as a plus... no new filters for me since my 24/1.4g and 70-200 also use it.

it wont be for everyone, but if you're in the market for a high-end, all-out fast 50mm lens w/ AF, this sigma lens would have to be heavily considered.

Apr 11, 2014 at 11:58 PM
wiseguy010
• • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Sigma 50mm Art...Available June $898

Gregg Heckler wrote:

Well, these pictures make clear that this new Sigma is certainly not in the same league as the Zeiss Otus when talking about CA and bokeh. I wonder where that claim came from. Was it the marketing-department of Sigma? Or did some people over here introduce this claim? Perhaps it can match the Otus with sharpness, but I doubt it because there appears to be some curvature of field that will degrade overall sharpness for sure.

I suppose it is just a good lens, but so far nothing special though.

Apr 12, 2014 at 01:22 AM

p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Sigma 50mm Art...Available June $898

Next39 wrote:
Now that it's finally released for pre-order, Sigma needs to focus on the 135 1.8...

AND the 24 please.

Apr 12, 2014 at 07:07 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.