New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · for those using the DF

NikonDeb
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · for those using the DF

how long did it take you to get used to the new location of the aperture knob? LOVE the camera but it's going to take awhile to get used to the new location. This camera to me would be flawless if it weren't for this

Apr 05, 2014 at 01:24 PM
low325
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · for those using the DF

I don't have one (yet) but if that's your only complaint I think you can pretty much close to being the perfect camera for you. :-)

Apr 05, 2014 at 06:44 PM
lxdesign
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · for those using the DF

It took me a few hours of shooting to get used to the controls, but once you get used to it, I really don't find it an issue. I love the camera!! Such a joy to shoot.

Apr 05, 2014 at 06:46 PM
james.d53
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · for those using the DF

lxdesign wrote:
It took me a few hours of shooting to get used to the controls, but once you get used to it, I really don't find it an issue. I love the camera!! Such a joy to shoot.

+1

Apr 05, 2014 at 08:54 PM
c4change
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · for those using the DF

You can select to use the rear dial for aperture control in A mode. Leave the front mini dial for looks.

NikonDeb wrote:
how long did it take you to get used to the new location of the aperture knob? LOVE the camera but it's going to take awhile to get used to the new location. This camera to me would be flawless if it weren't for this

Apr 05, 2014 at 09:33 PM
NikonDeb
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · for those using the DF

I only shoot in manual. Wish there was a way to over ride it. It would help if my fingers were longer
All in all, however, the IQ is great. I shoot a lot at higher ISO and this camera is perfect.

Apr 05, 2014 at 10:10 PM
chuhsi1
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · for those using the DF

I immediatey switched it to the back wheel

Apr 05, 2014 at 10:40 PM
NikonDeb
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · for those using the DF

Chuhsl1-ok, I am not one who normally understands the manuals these people write and usually learn by doing BUT..there is a way to change the aperture to the back wheel?? And the one on the front will be for shutter speed??
Must go play! That would change A LOT!!!

Apr 05, 2014 at 11:00 PM
niXer
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · for those using the DF

I got use to it pretty quick. After a few hours shooting it's second nature.

I can switch between my D3 and Df with no problem since I hold them differently that in my head there is no confusion.

The only real complaint I have is the ISO wheel lock. I don't mind that the ISO wheel has a lock but I sometimes accidentally press the exposure compensation dial instead which annoys me.

Other than that I sometimes forget to turn off my Df because it's hard to tell if it's on without looking at the power switch, but the battery drain isn't that bad.

My Df is a dream and I'm glad I got it. The sensor, the LIGHT WEIGHT is fantastic!

Apr 05, 2014 at 11:02 PM
NikonDeb
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · for those using the DF

ahh haaaa! THANK YOU CHUHSL1--found it!!! It changes EVERYTHING for me now!!!
THANKS!!

Apr 05, 2014 at 11:09 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.