Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

Best ffice chair? for editing...

jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Best ffice chair? for editing...

Tragedy or irony... "

Edited on Apr 07, 2014 at 02:15 AM · View previous versions

Apr 07, 2014 at 02:12 AM
Todd A

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Best ffice chair? for editing...

The Aeron is practically infinitely adjustable. It's hard to imagine not being able to get one set up to make anybody comfortable, though often it takes some patient tweaking and testing.

Apr 07, 2014 at 02:12 AM
greenberet

p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Best ffice chair? for editing...

What are you editing? It seems something like why you are editing?

Iluxa007 wrote:
Looking to get a new COMFORTABLE chair for editing! HELP I need something under $300. Anyone?!

Apr 10, 2014 at 08:11 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

pipspeak
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Best ffice chair? for editing...

I've always gone for chairs from manufacturers known to produce ergonomic stuff -- Herman Miller, Humanscale, knoll and some higher-end Steelcase. Having said that, I'm a cheap b*stard and would never pay full price for a fancy chair, which is why I'm currently sitting on a fully-loaded Aeron that I bought used on Craigslist for $300

I also have a pneumatic height-adjustable stool I bought at an art store that's great for shorter stints. The stool forces me to sit upright and stay alert. The Aeron encourages me to relax and doze off.

Apr 10, 2014 at 08:38 PM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Best ffice chair? for editing...

I purchased two Aeron's (one for my office and one for home office).

I found them worth every dollar spent (I bought at full retail new price).

They may not seem comfortable at first (compared to "stuffed" leather exec chairs) but AFTER spending 12+ hours a day in them, it is easy to see why they are so popular.

They breath (air/mesh) and they have MULTIPLE adjustments (such as height and angle of the arm rests) and the tilt of seat back etc.

You really need to adjust them to your use (editing) for a forward tilt so you are not sitting back all the time or worse, "tilted back" as most office chairs are.

You mention a budget. I bought new. Then when i moved I sold my chairs ($300 each) via local ad. They were in LIKE NEW condition after years of use!

Also, there was one adjustment problem with one chair. I took it to the local HM dealer and they repaired/fixed it (no cost).

I am sold on them.

Apr 11, 2014 at 09:07 PM
Mike V
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Best ffice chair? for editing...

http://gearpatrol.com/2014/03/12/best-office-chairs/

Apr 12, 2014 at 09:55 PM
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password