FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       end

Archive 2014 · OMG. I just bought a 1Ds

Mescalamba
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · OMG. I just bought a 1Ds

x64 wont work with anything, it "might" work if you used VMware and put some old 32-bit system into it.

In general, almost any old device uses 32-bit drivers. So its usually 32-bit OS or nothing. Virtualization sometimes works, sometimes doesnt.. bit hit-n-miss.

Aug 21, 2014 at 04:16 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · OMG. I just bought a 1Ds

Mescalamba wrote:
x64 wont work with anything, it "might" work if you used VMware and put some old 32-bit system into it.

In general, almost any old device uses 32-bit drivers. So its usually 32-bit OS or nothing. Virtualization sometimes works, sometimes doesnt.. bit hit-n-miss.

Thanks.

Aug 21, 2014 at 04:19 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · OMG. I just bought a 1Ds

Brain fart!

I just sent an email to CPS Canada, to ask if they can change the "owner" field for me.

Aug 21, 2014 at 04:40 PM
mttran
• • • • •
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · OMG. I just bought a 1Ds

Jim, you can ask any 1Ds owner change the entry field anyway you want then save the configuration file to CF and email it to you. Problem is new configuration file will overwrite your custom tones curve and actuation counter. Much easy to reload that file to 1Ds than going thru the PC driver process.

Aug 21, 2014 at 07:51 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · OMG. I just bought a 1Ds

mttran wrote:
Jim, you can ask any 1Ds owner change the entry field you want then save the configuration file to CF and email it to you.

Awesome and totally excellent idea.

Now, all I have to do is find another "James Colwell" who has a 1Ds.

...Problem is new configuration file will overwrite your custome tones curve and actuation counter.

No worries. Don't have, don't know, don't care.

Aug 21, 2014 at 07:57 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · OMG. I just bought a 1Ds

Update from CPS Canada

"Unfortunately, the original EOS 1DS camera is no longer serviceable. We suggest replacement to all the EOS 1DS that come in for repair."

Aug 22, 2014 at 08:05 PM
burningheart
• • • •
p.5 #7 · p.5 #7 · OMG. I just bought a 1Ds

jcolwell wrote:
Update from CPS Canada

You better pick yourself up a backup 1Ds.

Aug 22, 2014 at 09:32 PM
ToddPh
• • •
p.5 #8 · p.5 #8 · OMG. I just bought a 1Ds

That's discouraging to hear that Canon Canada won't service the 1Ds, is that the same response in the US? I just picked up a 1Ds myself, always wanted one and now I'm totally happy with it. As long as my batteries still hold a charge. Once they fail, life will get interesting.

Aug 23, 2014 at 01:14 AM
Jeff Donald
• • • •
p.5 #9 · p.5 #9 · OMG. I just bought a 1Ds

1Ds is no longer serviced by Canon in the US. The 1Ds mkII is next CPS dropped it in July and I expect Canon to discontinue service within the next 12 months.

Aug 23, 2014 at 01:27 AM
ryoung

p.5 #10 · p.5 #10 · OMG. I just bought a 1Ds

Just by a used desktop with xp on it. I was able to get a used xp machine of craigslist for $40, and that was a few years ago! A firewire card can be had for $10 bucks new these days. I also upgraded the xp machine from 512mb to 2gb ram for a mere $4.99! You'll find that a lot of corporations that upgrade their systems get rid of these old computers and parts for pennies on the dollar. Just gotta keep an eye out.

Aug 23, 2014 at 12:07 PM
ryoung

p.5 #11 · p.5 #11 · OMG. I just bought a 1Ds

JesseShotland wrote:
What's the ISO range on the 1Ds?

Both of these were shot at ISO 640 and a 17-40L to give you an idea of how it performs. Both of these have been cleaned up and sharpened just a tad. Couldn't find the untouched raw files.

Aug 23, 2014 at 12:38 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.