Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Canon DPP "info" screen does not contain complete shooting inf...

PhotoTeacher
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon DPP "info" screen does not contain complete shooting info after PS processing

After I process photos in Photoshop CS-6 (not the CC version) I find that most of the "shooting information" screen's info is lost. I only get these parameters: File Name; File Size; Camera Model Name; Shooting Date/Time; Tv; Av; Exposure Compensation; ISO Speed; Image Size and Color Space.

All other information is stripped off. Is there any way to save all the shooting information when processing the files in PS ? I would like to have tracking sensitivity, lens info, flash info, camera serial number, and some others, all of which are not available after processing.

Apr 03, 2014 at 09:27 AM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon DPP "info" screen does not contain complete shooting info after PS processing

Don't use Save for Web and if you do, don't select the option that strips off the shooting information.

Apr 03, 2014 at 09:31 AM
PhotoTeacher
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon DPP "info" screen does not contain complete shooting info after PS processing

The files are simply "saved" not "save for web" or "save as"

Apr 03, 2014 at 09:38 AM
rattlebonez
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon DPP "info" screen does not contain complete shooting info after PS processing

Canon DPP produce "EXIF jpg" files that contain all the shoooting information in the RAW file.

I use the Canon GP-E2 GPS on a 5D III & 1DX, and the GP-E1 on the 1DX
DPP keeps all the EXIF metadata from teh RAW file in the JPG

On the Mac you can view an image with preview. The press CMD I to get the image information.
All of the RAW file EXIF metadata is displayed, along with a map of the GPS location and all GPS data
including lattitude, longitude, altitude, compass orientation

I think GPS that imbends into the RAW file is the best new feature in SLR's recently.

Edited on Apr 03, 2014 at 09:58 AM · View previous versions

Apr 03, 2014 at 09:39 AM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon DPP "info" screen does not contain complete shooting info after PS processing

Click on the photo in Windows Explorer, or whatever the Pear computer system equivalent is, and see what tags and info are associated with it. There are multiple ways you can use to check to see if the info is there and it is a problem with DPP / with the way you have DPP configured. If the info is not there, then it is a problem with the way you use Photoshop. I used to use Canon DPP primarily and Photoshop secondarily, but now Lightroom has taken the place of DPP for me.

Apr 03, 2014 at 09:43 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.