New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · New Samsung 4K Monitor

Gregg B.
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New Samsung 4K Monitor

It's been just announced by Sumsung and there's a waiting list on Amazon already.
It supports 1 billion colors, at least this is what Samsung claims, and it has a buit-in hub so two computers can be connected to it. it even has PInP. It's of course a 4K monitor (4 times the high def) but what's the most appealing to me is the price. It's around $800. I know this isn't an ISP panel but with that many colors I don't think it matters anymore. Correct me if I'm wrong but according to some sources on-line the angle you looking at it can effect the color and/or brightness but not colors. And I'll be looking at it (when I put it on my desk) always at around 90 deg.
Anyway, for those looking at some extra resolution this may be the good monitor to get. I sure would like to see my 36MP pics at 8MP resolution, which is what this 4K monitor supports, as oppose to my current 30 inch 4MP.

Apr 02, 2014 at 12:25 PM
Gregg B.
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New Samsung 4K Monitor

Sorry, forgot the link
Here it is: http://www.samsung.com/levant/consumer/computers-peripherals/monitors/led-monitor/LU28D590DS/ZN#

Apr 02, 2014 at 12:26 PM
johnctharp
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New Samsung 4K Monitor

No information as to whether it supports DisplayPort MST in order to run the panel at 60Hz (instead of 30Hz).

Also, 28" TN means that no matter where you put your head, the colors will not be uniform across the monitor. These things are great for displaying information, but not for photography. Also, you can get this same panel in monitors from half of a dozen manufacturers already.

I'll keep my 30" 4MP HP IPS panel for now, thanks .

Apr 02, 2014 at 03:32 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New Samsung 4K Monitor

this will be old news in less then a year. cycle up push it out and the next big thing (8K) is the new thing to talk about. like lemmings we flock to the edge to go over chasing the ghost

Apr 03, 2014 at 10:39 PM
NathanHamler
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New Samsung 4K Monitor

yeah, i'll never use another TN display.....IPS is where it's at...that being said, the detail level of 4k displays/content is unreal....however, color accuracy is paramount to me.....

Apr 03, 2014 at 11:09 PM
looklikefrost

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · New Samsung 4K Monitor

So it still LED. How good is it compared to the tube monitor?

Apr 05, 2014 at 04:57 AM
RRRoger
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · New Samsung 4K Monitor

I'll wait for the 4k touchscreen OLED monitor

Apr 05, 2014 at 10:39 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.