Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Camera Bag for D7000+18-140mm?

cambyses
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Camera Bag for D7000+18-140mm?

Got this combo for my sister. She is a newbie and I don't expect her to be adding new lenses anytime soon. At most, I may encourage her to pick up a flash later. So I am now trying to find a nice compact bag for her. Here are the requirements:

1) Should fit D7000 body (no grip) with 18-140mm with one flash (plus misc items like battery, etc.).
2) Should be compact, i.e., no need to fit anything more.
3) Prefer one of those ladies fashion bag styles, i.e., something that does not scream camera.
4) Budget is less than $70 or so.

Would appreciate any suggestions/recommendations.

Thanks...

Apr 01, 2014 at 04:58 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Camera Bag for D7000+18-140mm?

Got this for the Mrs last week, perfect size...she loves it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0077B3E5S/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Apr 01, 2014 at 05:26 PM
wordfool
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Camera Bag for D7000+18-140mm?

The problem is that "fashion" usually equals $$$

Ona, Jo Totes and Jill-E spring to mind when thinking of stylish camera bags for women, but you'd be looking at $100+ for most of those (Jo Totes might be less).

Another thought is to go for something classic like a canvas Domke F-5 or F-6

Apr 01, 2014 at 06:30 PM
bggary

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Camera Bag for D7000+18-140mm?

It fails #3 and #4, but... I have a ThinkTank "retrospective 7", and love it.

It is a "messenger bag" style bag, unobtrusive (which was one of my goals - I hate camera bags that scream CAMERA!!!!)

I have mine divided into 4 compartments.

-- In one, I have spare batteries, charger, SB-400 flash, all neatly packed in a ThinkTank "cable organizer" pouch;
-- In the second one I have a 50mm f1.4G lens, a blower, a lens pen, a small bottle of cleaning fluid, a soft cloth
-- In the 4th one, I have a half dozen filters (a couple of NDs, a CP, etc)
-- the 3rd spot is empty - perfect for putting the D7100 lens-down with the 18-140mm on the front. The body sits on the top of the dividers, and the camera is ready to hand quickly.

I looked at a lot of bags, tried a few, and this was the best for me... has everything I 'need", without being so big that I end up carrying a bunch of junk just because I can.

Apr 01, 2014 at 09:13 PM
cambyses
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Camera Bag for D7000+18-140mm?

Thanks everyone for your helpful comments...

Yes, I thought about Retrospective 7 (or perhaps Retrospective 5). I myself have Retrospective 30 along with many other TT bags and I love them all. But they cost a bit more than what my sister would be willing to spend on a camera bag

Apr 01, 2014 at 10:02 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.