Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Google Chrome issues anyone?

ben egbert
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Google Chrome issues anyone?

I can get into the forum and open one post then it hangs up with a very large blank area at the bottom. This is in Google Chrome. I have no issue with other websites. The forum works fine in Safari.

Is this a problem with my browser or the the FM web page?

Apr 01, 2014 at 09:16 AM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Google Chrome issues anyone?

working now, I logged off, and re-logged in. It was still bad after the log in, but after going to another website and returning it seems to work. This has been off and on since yesterday.

I am just asking if others have seen this so I can focus on my own system.

Hmm, also did a Windows update, maybe that fixed it.

Apr 01, 2014 at 09:54 AM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Google Chrome issues anyone?

Get a Mac , Seriously, though, Ben, even on my Mac, Chrome has been a pain in the arse: slow to load, hang ups, etc. I'm sure others will show up here to tell us we are both full of it

Apr 01, 2014 at 10:31 AM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Google Chrome issues anyone?

Chrome stopped working again. I am now using Safari until its fixed. I like to use two browsers, Google for most browsing and Safari for buisness.

Apr 01, 2014 at 10:39 AM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Google Chrome issues anyone?

FWIW, I've had that happen also, Ben. Does Firefox work for you, or are you plagued by the incessant updates?

Apr 01, 2014 at 12:06 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Google Chrome issues anyone?

anthonysemone wrote:
FWIW, I've had that happen also, Ben. Does Firefox work for you, or are you plagued by the incessant updates?

Never tried Firefox. Safari works well however so no real problem, just wondering if this is a FM problem a Google problem or my personal computer problem.

It is reasuring to hear others have this issue. I am Win 7 and fully updated (I think).

Apr 01, 2014 at 12:28 PM
slookx24
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Google Chrome issues anyone?

I use Chrome exclusively and never have a problem over here..

Apr 02, 2014 at 04:55 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Google Chrome issues anyone?

slookx24 wrote:
I use Chrome exclusively and never have a problem over here..

Chrome is still doing it. I can get on the page, maybe click one post but it seems to have problems loading the bottom part of the page and just hangs.

I have cleared history, logged off and back in and updated IE. I just work from Safari now.

Apr 03, 2014 at 08:51 AM
kzoockof
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Google Chrome issues anyone?

I use Chrome mostly, but have seen some problems in the last week or two more so than normally.

I don't like IE and Safari has never worked very well for me. My whole house switched to Mac/Apple a few years ago, and after two years have been migrating back due to the combined inferior build quality and high costs of ownership. Though the lack of viruses was the only plus we ever really noticed. My Apple/Mac desktop lasted 13 months, then the motherboard died due to the use of underrated and faulty capacitors - fix was $1,200. For 1/3 the price (of just the repair) I bought a PC that had better specs. That has been running without any problems for 2 years now.

Apr 03, 2014 at 08:22 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Google Chrome issues anyone?

I just recently added an EXIF plug-in for Chrome. I wonder if thats doing it? I just noticed today that I don't have it in Safari and then it occurred to me that it was browser specific. I am going to see if I can unactivate it.

Apr 03, 2014 at 08:36 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Google Chrome issues anyone?

No issues for me with Chrome and FM. (although I don't like Chrome at all now since it's the only browser that doesn't seem to know how to scale for 4k/UHD monitors, it just renders everything ultra small or makes a blurry interpolation up from 1920x1080).

I was having really weird issues with Firefox. Some sites would get ultra slow and all but hang, others would decided to try to reload non-stop, some would have parts of the page missing, but many others would be 100% fine. Nothing seemed to work, not even removing all plug-ins, cleaning out this or that. Finally I used the hidden Firefox feature to clean and restore installation and then it suddenly worked normally again. Not sure if it means I picked up some very weird and sneaky malware (I tried every malware checker I could find and none turned up anything though, granted there is plenty of weird stuff they'd never catch I'm sure) or if something just got totally messed up in Firefox's files.

maybe you can try see if Chrome has such a feature and if not simply clean it off your system and install fresh, if nothing else works??

Apr 04, 2014 at 04:22 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Google Chrome issues anyone?

One other thing, remember that Chrome doesn't color-manage non-tagged elements so on your wide gamut monitor that has to be showing lots of stuff like it's radioactive.

Apr 04, 2014 at 04:23 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Google Chrome issues anyone?

skibum5 wrote:
No issues for me with Chrome and FM. (although I don't like Chrome at all now since it's the only browser that doesn't seem to know how to scale for 4k/UHD monitors, it just renders everything ultra small or makes a blurry interpolation up from 1920x1080).

I was having really weird issues with Firefox. Some sites would get ultra slow and all but hang, others would decided to try to reload non-stop, some would have parts of the page missing, but many others would be 100% fine. Nothing seemed to work, not even removing all plug-ins, cleaning out this or that.
...Show more

I did not find a reinstall feature. I did disable my plug ins and checked to see if iy was up to date and was and is still having the same issue.

I could uninstall it and then reinstall I suppose.

Apr 04, 2014 at 04:45 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Google Chrome issues anyone?

skibum5 wrote:
One other thing, remember that Chrome doesn't color-manage non-tagged elements so on your wide gamut monitor that has to be showing lots of stuff like it's radioactive.

Another reson to use Safari. But its hard to get used to using a different browser for FM. I have not noticed any color issues with Chrome however. My colro issue is not at my end, bit withe people viewing my stuff here at FM.

I am going to prepare some images for posting with almost no post processing and see if that works. They will look all washed out, dull etc but hopefully no color cast.

Apr 04, 2014 at 04:48 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Google Chrome issues anyone?

Been using Chrome now for 2 days and it seems to be working fine.

Apr 17, 2014 at 12:24 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Google Chrome issues anyone?

ben egbert wrote:
Another reson to use Safari. But its hard to get used to using a different browser for FM. I have not noticed any color issues with Chrome however. My colro issue is not at my end, bit withe people viewing my stuff here at FM.

I am going to prepare some images for posting with almost no post processing and see if that works. They will look all washed out, dull etc but hopefully no color cast.

AFAIK, even Safari doesn't color manage non-tagged elements (at least not on Windows).
So backgrounds and text and so on will still look radioactive.

Apr 17, 2014 at 01:31 PM
dowop

p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Google Chrome issues anyone?

I only ever use Chrome... Not a problem here.

Apr 17, 2014 at 07:15 PM
thashef29

p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Google Chrome issues anyone?

Chrome works best if you clean out the cache from time to time.

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:36 PM
myaeroplace

p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Google Chrome issues anyone?

Currently using Chrome and having no problem. Perhaps a full clear of your cache and a hard refresh?

Apr 28, 2014 at 09:28 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.