New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Sony A7r image quality

Jglaser757
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sony A7r image quality

I was browsing the sony A7r image thread and I'm not sure but the images all seem to have the same "look". They all seem bright in the middle and darker along the sides. And, the similarity is the "feel" of them,,kind of cold or crisp..or am I just looking for a reason to dislike the new sony?

Apr 01, 2014 at 08:09 AM
Jochenb
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sony A7r image quality

Jglaser757 wrote:
..or am I just looking for a reason to dislike the new sony?

Yes.

Apr 01, 2014 at 08:22 AM
vario1
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sony A7r image quality

+1

Apr 01, 2014 at 08:24 AM
naturephoto1
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sony A7r image quality

I am really enjoying my A7r with my manual focus lenses and I still have to install the update which I have already downloaded onto my computer. I just need to install it. My results when processing the images through LR5.3 have really been excellent in my estimation. I do have to work the RAW files though. I am not normally noticing much of any light fall off with the possible exception of those lenses (very wide angle that are known for some). I have been amazed at the amount of information and detail in my files.

Rich

Apr 01, 2014 at 08:32 AM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sony A7r image quality

naturephoto1 wrote:
I am not normally noticing much of any light fall off with the possible exception of those lenses (very wide angle that are known for some). I have been amazed at the amount of information and detail in my files.

Rich

I second this. I don't see any difference in regard to light falloff with the same lenses mounted on my Canon 5D MkII and with them on my Sony A7R (plus Metabones III adapter). Just that the IQ in regard to resolution and tonal range is better in my A7R files. So far the A7R exceeded my expectations.

Apr 01, 2014 at 08:52 AM
Jglaser757
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sony A7r image quality

retrofocus wrote:
I second this. I don't see any difference in regard to light falloff with the same lenses mounted on my Canon 5D MkII and with them on my Sony A7R (plus Metabones III adapter). Just that the IQ in regard to resolution and tonal range is better in my A7R files. So far the A7R exceeded my expectations.

Honestly,,thats what I was afraid of,,I'm just gonna have to try one myself….

Apr 01, 2014 at 10:53 AM
dbehrens
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sony A7r image quality

I think much of this is due to many wanting to show SOOC shots as opposed to pictures tainted by normal processing that includes vignette correction. For me, coming from a 5D II, 1Ds II, 1D4 the A7r IQ is a significant improvement in shadow recovery and highlight control.
Dave

Apr 01, 2014 at 11:38 AM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sony A7r image quality

dbehrens wrote:
I think much of this is due to many wanting to show SOOC shots as opposed to pictures tainted by normal processing that includes vignette correction. For me, coming from a 5D II, 1Ds II, 1D4 the A7r IQ is a significant improvement in shadow recovery and highlight control.
Dave

i add vignetting to nearly all my shots in post.

Apr 01, 2014 at 11:39 AM
briantho
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sony A7r image quality

sebboh wrote:
i add vignetting to nearly all my shots in post.

+1 same here

Apr 01, 2014 at 11:52 AM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.