Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · First wedding shoot, please go easy.

FosterD7

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · First wedding shoot, please go easy.

Good job, I'll have my first wedding next month.

Apr 03, 2014 at 02:54 PM
gedmerson

p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · First wedding shoot, please go easy.

Not bad for your first attempt at photographing a wedding

Apr 03, 2014 at 10:41 PM
slopokdave

p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · First wedding shoot, please go easy.

I've worked through all 1062 of my pictures, weeded out 499 I'll look at closer and edit/narrow down further; other than the 22+ I already posted.

Apr 04, 2014 at 10:26 AM
slopokdave

p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · First wedding shoot, please go easy.

FosterD7 wrote:
Good job, I'll have my first wedding next month.

Awesome. Nervous?

Apr 04, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Prettym1k3
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · First wedding shoot, please go easy.

First wedding? WAY better than mine.

Some of the shots are a little contrived and cheesy, and some (like the back of the bride at the alter) I'd just ditch.

Ultimately though, your watermark is clean and simple, which I feel says a lot about you as a person and a photographer. Usually beginners slam their gigantic watermark all over the images. Thanks for not doing that!

Apr 04, 2014 at 04:02 PM
slopokdave

p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · First wedding shoot, please go easy.

Prettym1k3 wrote:
First wedding? WAY better than mine.

Some of the shots are a little contrived and cheesy, and some (like the back of the bride at the alter) I'd just ditch.

Ultimately though, your watermark is clean and simple, which I feel says a lot about you as a person and a photographer. Usually beginners slam their gigantic watermark all over the images. Thanks for not doing that!

You're welcome. And thank you for the nice comments.

My first job at 16 was doing web design for a local company. After that I moved into the corporate world for over 10 years. Glad to have my creative side back.

Apr 04, 2014 at 06:16 PM
JakAHearts
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · First wedding shoot, please go easy.

slopokdave wrote:
I've worked through all 1062 of my pictures, weeded out 499 I'll look at closer and edit/narrow down further; other than the 22+ I already posted.

How many images are you planning on delivering? I think its great that you want to narrow even more from 500. Im a relative beginner myself and dont/cant understand the people who give 1000+ images.

Apr 04, 2014 at 08:24 PM
slopokdave

p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · First wedding shoot, please go easy.

JakAHearts wrote:
How many images are you planning on delivering? I think its great that you want to narrow even more from 500. Im a relative beginner myself and dont/cant understand the people who give 1000+ images.

I'd bet maybe half of the 500? My workflow was first rate everything 1-5 in lightroom. 1 meant I reviewed it and wanted to chuck it. Some of my 5s went into the highlight blog post. I really only want to deliver 4s and 5s. Some 3s because the bride and groom may like them more than I did for sentimental value or just remembering something. I can't imagine doing 1k plus as deliverables.

Apr 04, 2014 at 08:35 PM
NYstyles
• • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · First wedding shoot, please go easy.

slopokdave wrote:
I'd bet maybe half of the 500? My workflow was first rate everything 1-5 in lightroom. 1 meant I reviewed it and wanted to chuck it. Some of my 5s went into the highlight blog post. I really only want to deliver 4s and 5s. Some 3s because the bride and groom may like them more than I did for sentimental value or just remembering something. I can't imagine doing 1k plus as deliverable.

Its good you cull, many give wayyyy too many photos. Yes, there are ones we'd like to 'trash' at times but the couple will love. ha ha

Id say around 50-75 images per active hour of shooting. Quality trumps quantity any day.

Apr 04, 2014 at 09:09 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.