end

Archive 2014 · problems with Pocket Wizard

SGallant
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · problems with Pocket Wizard

heikoM wrote:
So cool,

thank you, guys! Works like a charm. Who had guessed how it works before you really know...

happy shooting and a great season,

heiko

Great to hear!

Apr 01, 2014 at 02:57 PM
Syracuse

p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · problems with Pocket Wizard

Oh my word dude! I always thought it was impossible to use on camera flash atop my flexes! I just tried this with an on camera sb900 and an off camera sb800 with the flexes and it worked perfectly! I love the Pw flex system but hated giving up the ability to bounce and the focus assist beam of the flash. Thank you so much for posting! Awesome!

Apr 01, 2014 at 07:32 PM
vjaved
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · problems with Pocket Wizard

I am not sure If should post this as a new question but I think since it's related to the topic and you all know what you are talking about: Can you control the wireless flash(es) power without having master on top of TT1?

By the way, I am not trying to hack the thread because the original question is already answered.

Apr 04, 2014 at 01:33 PM
heikoM
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · problems with Pocket Wizard

with a AC3, a little piece you click on top of the TT1. Allows you to either control 3 different groups manually or override TTL, works great.
You can f.e. control one manually, the second TTL and turn the third off, all at the same time.

heiko

Apr 04, 2014 at 02:04 PM
mikepmcs
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · problems with Pocket Wizard

Awesome pictures of the setups. Tagging for future use. Thanks

Apr 04, 2014 at 02:07 PM
CraigB1960

p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · problems with Pocket Wizard

BigIronCruiser wrote:
This is the way to set it up if you want to control the remote flash from the camera.

Exactly! I do this all the time, works fine with my TT1/TT5's.

Another thing I do is run the TT1 with the power cable they now offer. The internal button battery in the TT1 is still full after 1-year of shooting.

Apr 04, 2014 at 02:36 PM
CraigB1960

p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · problems with Pocket Wizard

vjaved wrote:
I am not sure If should post this as a new question but I think since it's related to the topic and you all know what you are talking about: Can you control the wireless flash(es) power without having master on top of TT1?

By the way, I am not trying to hack the thread because the original question is already answered.
No, it's a shame the (PW - TT1) does not use the camera's menu CLS system. You have to either put a Master Flash, or a Commander, or the AC3 on top of the TT1/TT5 to control the remote TT5/flashes.

Apr 04, 2014 at 02:39 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.