FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Two new ones

Strad
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Two new ones

I shot these yesterday. The Angel's Trumpet is from our garden, while the Irish Bells is another one from that bouquet we got. I hope you like them.

here they are in B & W: https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1284561

Edited on Apr 01, 2014 at 03:38 AM · View previous versions

Mar 31, 2014 at 03:42 PM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Two new ones

Super looking angel's trumpet Endre. I'm indifferent on the Irish Bells. Nothing to do with the quality of the image, which is quite fine. Lots of pretty and tasty plants in the Lamiaceae family, but this is not one that appeals to me visually.

Mar 31, 2014 at 07:33 PM
platscha
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Two new ones

Brugmansia is the name, commonly called angel's trumpet (gues my other post is in B+W forum maybe)

Mar 31, 2014 at 10:17 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Two new ones

I like the color combo in the first one Endre and I like the form of it, lovely

#2 there is a line running down the left side of this image at an angle, wider top to narrower at the bottom? Also a V shaped squiggle lower part just left of bottom grouping of leaves.
I remember getting some of these in a take home bouquet that I gave to my granddaughter so they are special to me This plant/flower may work better in multiples IMO or may work better laying down vs this vertical format? A bit too stark for me and may also benefit from some shadows cast if laid down. Of course merely my take on it

Karl

Mar 31, 2014 at 10:28 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Two new ones

Thanks, Ken! Glad you like the Angel's Trumpet. You can't hold me responsible for the fact that the Irish Bells are inherently boring. I tried my best to make them interesting but there is only so much one can do with them.

All best wishes,

Endre

KCollett wrote:
Super looking angel's trumpet Endre. I'm indifferent on the Irish Bells. Nothing to do with the quality of the image, which is quite fine. Lots of pretty and tasty plants in the Lamiaceae family, but this is not one that appeals to me visually.

Apr 01, 2014 at 03:41 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Two new ones

Thanks so much, Patsy, my friend! Yes, I changed the name to reflect your updated information. I appreciate it!

Warm regards,

Endre

platscha wrote:
Brugmansia is the name, commonly called angel's trumpet (gues my other post is in B+W forum maybe)

Apr 01, 2014 at 03:41 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Two new ones

Thanks, Karl! Your comments are always most appreciated.

Boy of boy! Do you have good eyes or what? Once you pointed it out I saw exactly what you were talking about with the Irish Bells shot. Basically, I got lazy and careless and that was a leftover crop line from when I rotated it slightly and then flattened the image. Doing that fills it with white which was a teeny bit different from the actual white of the photo BG, which accounted for the widening line. I fixed that and now it should meet your very exacting specifications. As I explained to Ken, above, the Irish Bells are inherently a little bit boring and so there was only so much I could do to get past that without abandoning my white background mandate. I betcha it would look interesting lying flat on a piece of black acrylic.

All best wishes,

Endre

Karl Witt wrote:
I like the color combo in the first one Endre and I like the form of it, lovely

#2 there is a line running down the left side of this image at an angle, wider top to narrower at the bottom? Also a V shaped squiggle lower part just left of bottom grouping of leaves.
I remember getting some of these in a take home bouquet that I gave to my granddaughter so they are special to me This plant/flower may work better in multiples IMO or may work better laying down vs this vertical format? A bit too stark for
...Show more

Apr 01, 2014 at 03:47 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.