Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

1st Critique

jasonjoseph

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · 1st Critique

I'm not one to normally put work out for critique, but I thought I would give it a try. This is a favorite photo and I am anxious to hear how it could be better.

Jason Joseph 2014

Mar 30, 2014 at 11:55 PM
FarmerJohn
• • •
p.1 #2 · 1st Critique

Jason, I like it. I think the composition is good with the centered building but off-centered horse.
In terms of focus/sharpness, seems like the horse is very sharp, but the building is not. Also seems like maybe the building right of the horse (distinct lines/texture) is different than the building left of the horse (smoother lines/texture). Don't know if that's intentional/realistic or not.

Looks like you had some cloudy light to deal with, so maybe boost the vibrance a bit? The brown of the horse against the rust on the roof is a good color play.

Mar 31, 2014 at 12:54 PM
Njsnyder

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · 1st Critique

cool pic, not sure if i would cut off the branches of the tree or not

Mar 31, 2014 at 02:07 PM
mattdoebler

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · 1st Critique

You have a photo that is, at first glance trying to be symmetrical, but isn't, I.e., the horse, the tree, and the sides of the barn. Sometimes symmetry is just not achievable, so you have to think about whether you can make it happen if you decide to go for it. Also, we have a classic case of subject confusion. I don't know if this photo is about the horse, the tree, the barn, the moment, etc. Again, this comes down to composition. Where am I supposed to look?

Mar 31, 2014 at 04:40 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · 1st Critique

I find it a soothing, peaceful scene. I like it.
I also notice the left side of the building is less sharp. Odd.
I think you should try a bit of shadow recovery over the horse.

Scott

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:20 PM
jasonjoseph

p.1 #6 · 1st Critique

These are great suggestions and I really appreciate the feedback. Thank you! I may just have to dig back into this photo from an editing standpoint, however I am not a huge fan in altering images, in terms of cloning or removing/adding things to a photo. I will just keep these suggestions in mind when I am out making new photos. Thanks!

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:23 PM
Smousefam5
• •
p.1 #7 · 1st Critique

I love this photo!

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:58 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password