Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · I need a printer recommendation!

weezintrumpete
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · I need a printer recommendation!

So, my Pro9000 is on the fritz (nozzles are clogging constantly and now it doesn't recognize two of my ink cartridges) so I'm looking into a new printer.

While I used to print 13x19, I rarely even print 8.5x11 anymore. I mainly do 4x6 prints on Canon Matte Photo Paper.

Anyway, I'm looking for an 8.5x11 format photo printer to be used for regular day-to-day printing and photo printing.

Any specific recommendations? I've been out of the printer game for a while.

Mar 29, 2014 at 09:27 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · I need a printer recommendation!

weezintrumpete wrote:
So, my Pro9000 is on the fritz (nozzles are clogging constantly and now it doesn't recognize two of my ink cartridges) so I'm looking into a new printer.

While I used to print 13x19, I rarely even print 8.5x11 anymore. I mainly do 4x6 prints on Canon Matte Photo Paper.

Anyway, I'm looking for an 8.5x11 format photo printer to be used for regular day-to-day printing and photo printing.

Any specific recommendations? I've been out of the printer game for a while.

Unless things have changed over the last couple of years aren't most of the smaller format printers ink pigs?

Mar 29, 2014 at 10:17 PM
Ogrinz

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · I need a printer recommendation!

Canon Pro-100

Dirt cheap ($100 after rebate) and if you want to you can refill the carts. So far the prints I have from mine are great.

Mar 30, 2014 at 01:57 AM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · I need a printer recommendation!

Most of the A4 photo quality printers I see in shops are right around $100. Between $80 and $150 probably encompasses 90% of the models on display. I think most if not all, are very wasteful with the inks but aren't all ink-jet printers - regardless of size? I thought so anyway.

I think these days (and for the past 5 years) the machinery is all about the same as far as build quality, print-speed, paper transport reliability, and so on. I think the only significant difference now is in the inks various brands incorporate. So if you wanna know what model to get then I would suggest researching ink types first. When you suss out which type is "best" in your opinion then look for an A4 model which uses those types.

I'd start with Wikipedia and then visit some fine art blogs and forums where artists and users discuss and debate the various inks.

Mar 30, 2014 at 03:40 AM
ShotByTom
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · I need a printer recommendation!

THIS printer seems like a great general purpose/small photo printer. It's a little cheaper on amazon.

Mar 30, 2014 at 05:16 AM
weezintrumpete
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · I need a printer recommendation!

Thanks for the recs everyone. Since I almost never print larger than 13x19 anymore, I'd really prefer a smaller printer...

I'll take a look at some that were mentioned!

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:13 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.