Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Yosemite winter 2009

That was when we had lot of water.

© nugeny 2009

Mar 27, 2014 at 05:49 PM
Josephhummel

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Yosemite winter 2009

I cant wait to make some shots like this - I camp in Yosemite Glen Aulin area every year, but never go to the main valley floor. Love the snow in the shot

Mar 27, 2014 at 07:32 PM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Yosemite winter 2009

seems like there is quite a bit of dust in the sky. nice lighting though

Mar 27, 2014 at 09:52 PM
nugeny
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Yosemite winter 2009

Josephhummel wrote:
I cant wait to make some shots like this - I camp in Yosemite Glen Aulin area every year, but never go to the main valley floor. Love the snow in the shot

let's hope for coming next winter. Can't wait for the wet cycle to return!

Mar 28, 2014 at 12:31 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Yosemite winter 2009

Hey Bob,

The composition is great, and there is some cool lighting on El Capitan. But the Saturation is just too high. You need to crank it down some. Also the Cyan is just too strong, you have the rocks turning green, which I know they are not.

I know some people seem to think that cranking up the saturation will make a shot more vivid and thus better. But most often that's just an attempt to make a weak shot have some impact. But in the case of your shot here, it is a strong shot to start with, but the added saturation actual takes away from the shot, and in my eyes ruins it... sad to say that. But you really ought to try the two things I suggested, I think you will be amazed at how much better this shot could be... The old adage "Less is more" is so often so true, and it's definitely true with your shot.

Jim

Mar 28, 2014 at 12:43 PM
nugeny
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Yosemite winter 2009

JimFox wrote:
Hey Bob,

The composition is great, and there is some cool lighting on El Capitan. But the Saturation is just too high. You need to crank it down some. Also the Cyan is just too strong, you have the rocks turning green, which I know they are not.

I know some people seem to think that cranking up the saturation will make a shot more vivid and thus better. But most often that's just an attempt to make a weak shot have some impact. But in the case of your shot here, it is a strong shot to start with, but the
...Show more

thanks Jim,
I will look at the print and correct as necessary. Quite often I edit to get "the print".
BTW I am green

Mar 28, 2014 at 01:23 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Yosemite winter 2009

nugeny wrote:
Ha ha... yeah, in fact the last time I saw you I was going to mention you were looking a bit green. I thought maybe it was your Irish side and the leprechaun in you coming out?

Jim

thanks Jim,
I will look at the print and correct as necessary. Quite often I edit to get "the print".
BTW I am green

Mar 28, 2014 at 02:09 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Yosemite winter 2009

That sure was a great year there for nice image-making conditions, unlike this year that never happened.

The foreground needs serious color correction sand the orange cloud is hurting my eyes.

Mar 28, 2014 at 03:28 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.