FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · The Secret

Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · The Secret

Dustin Gent wrote:
Everyone is entitled to their opinions. To be honest, at first I didn't like the image - but after looking at it, the lighting and different angle grew on me.

Nigel is right about some things - which is true. But he has shots of rocks too on "his" website. In any case, I still like the shot.

Hello Dustin,
Thanks for your honest comment. I appreciate it very much. In fact, since you have been there in this False Kiva, you may feel something here. However, I am sure you didn't stay all night there so you would not feel the spirit I felt all night there. Also it was quite different feeling when the moon was accompanying all night. I will continue my experience when I respond to Charles' comment.
Thanks again.
BTW, I don't mind of Nigel's comment and I feel sorry that my image didn't give him much pleasure.

Kee

Mar 29, 2014 at 10:33 PM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · The Secret

Charlie Shugart wrote:
Kee,,
Kivas were special places for these earliest Americans, and you captured a special feel with this image.
I like the shot, although I admit that I'm more subject oriented than technically oriented- so any critique from me is likely of limited help.
The kiva and surrounding dirt IS a bit bright as presented.
Perhaps you can lasso it and then darken it some (using brightness/contrast tools and other techniques).
If the lines of the lassoing are obvious, you can feather them using the clone tool.
I'm sure there are better ways, but I don't know them. I DO know that what I described is
...Show more

Hello Charles,

I perhaps took more than 100 shots during more than 12 hours there at False Kiva that night. I am a small figured female who is not strong nor at comfortable in camping. I somehow had been obsessed with False Kiva for a long time. During this recent trip, I solo traveled half up to Moab where I had friend joining me to travel the rest together. But she didn't want to go to False Kiva, so without telling her, nor to my family at home, I ventured to go to False Kiva. I drove from Monument Valley to Canyonlands and hiked to the False Kiva. Hearing me of the intention to stay there all night, a kind ranger named Tim told me that I could not camp there, nor sleep. He wanted to make sure that I did have water and food. I didn't have food but a few snacks which I didn't bother eating. Water.. I didn't drink there either. bla, bla, bla...

Okay, here.. I plan to post some other shots I made just before this image. I had an awesome feeling when this bright moon was shining into the alcove bit by bit and finally with such bright light like daylight! And the image I posted now is THAT brightly lit with THAT color. It was incredible. I went around to capture the best angle to extend my feeling. And this is the one! The rocks are not very sharp because I was using f2.8. But to be honest, the very sharpness doesn't matter. At GC, someone asked me "Have you seen Galen Rowel's? Are they super sharp? Maybe not, but they are great photographs because they convey the feelings." bla, bla, bla..

I am technically lacking lots of skills here but I try to present the photos as best as I can. Nigel's comments made me to seek some possible pro's trainings here locally. Which is good. I don't mind of critics from Nigel or anyone. I try to listen and improve. That is why lots of times I re-do the image and re-post. But critics should be also properly done. They should not prick people by all means. Critic is more difficult to do than praising. Another bla, bla, bla..

Sorry that I made this response too long. I will stop here. Thanks Charles, and all others.

Kee

Mar 29, 2014 at 11:09 PM
mastroiani

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · The Secret

Sweet

Mar 30, 2014 at 12:03 AM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · The Secret

mastroiani wrote:
Sweet

Hello mastroiani,

You ARE sweet to comment on my image as "sweet". I love that! :-)

Mar 30, 2014 at 08:15 AM
Creative Edge
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · The Secret

love the image, would love to know the details on your overnight stay.. keep posting...

Apr 02, 2014 at 06:28 AM
Mark Metternich
• • • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · The Secret

Excellent new take Kee!

Apr 02, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · The Secret

Creative Edge wrote:
love the image, would love to know the details on your overnight stay.. keep posting...

Thanks for your comment. I will illustrate a little bit about the overnight stay event.. later when I get home. :-) stay tuned!

Apr 02, 2014 at 01:23 PM
       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.