FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Flash Case?

aonavy
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Flash Case?

I was just wondering what you guys use to hold all your flashes? I have about 6 and I need to find a one case solution possibly. Any recommendations?

Mar 27, 2014 at 12:53 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Flash Case?

I've got 4 flashes and they go in my ThinkTank Airport Security v2 with my other gear.

Mar 27, 2014 at 01:00 PM
aonavy
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Flash Case?

I was really looking for something just for flashes. I might need to find a bigger case i think.

Mar 27, 2014 at 01:08 PM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Flash Case?

I just throw my speedlights in my thinktank (4)

Still looking for a good transport system for my ad-180 bare bulb flashes.

Mar 27, 2014 at 01:32 PM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Flash Case?

To carry 8 flashes, I use LowePro Flipside 200 backpack and wheeled Pelican 1514 carry-on case.

I like my LowePro Flipside 200 backpack because it only opens up from the inside, so I don't have to worry about riff-raff stealing from me.

It holds:
SB-700
3 x SB-910
Video Light
2 x Honl Speedlight grids

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=531348&gclid=CJLDrtyrs70CFYuXOgodhmYABg&Q=&is=REG&A=details

For lighting venues, I carry 4 x LumoPro 160's, gels, PW TT5, gaffer tape, & lots of other stuff which my peers call unnecessary junk... until we get to a venue w/ mirrored walls, black ceiling, officiant who moves the goalposts right before the ceremony, etc. All of this goes in an indestructible Pelican 1510 that even Bashar Assad couldn't destroy:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/330237-REG/Pelican_1510_004_110_1514_Carry_On_1510.html

Hope that helps.

Mar 27, 2014 at 01:33 PM
aonavy
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Flash Case?

I really like that pelican! That might be what I'm looking for. Looks like it could hold my triggers, some batteries among other things.

Thanks for the input!

That lowpro looks good also. Cheap too

Mar 27, 2014 at 01:43 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Flash Case?

I actually just use a laptop bag. Holds everything perfectly.

Mar 27, 2014 at 01:49 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Flash Case?

Pelican works... but you have to ask yourself, at what point is it better to invest in one bag that holds everything instead of having several big bags of gear lying around?

Mar 27, 2014 at 02:05 PM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Flash Case?

TTLKurtis wrote:
Pelican works... but you have to ask yourself, at what point is it better to invest in one bag that holds everything instead of having several big bags of gear lying around?

Good point. However, the reason I don't go that route is because I'd have a huge bag/case.

With my setup, I can either drop off the Pelican w/ venue lighting at the venue at the start of the day, or leave it in my trunk, while the LowePro just goes onto my back. Having an enormous bag/case would make all that rather difficult.

Mar 27, 2014 at 02:15 PM
joosay
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Flash Case?

Might have to get the pelican case because you know we can never have enough bags.

Mar 27, 2014 at 02:26 PM
jcolman
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Flash Case?

My Pelican case holds 4 Cheetah lights + batteries and accessories.

Mar 27, 2014 at 03:06 PM
ananjegovana

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Flash Case?

i never put all my eggs in one basket

one lowepro backpack for primary gear and one for backup lights camera and lenses

Mar 27, 2014 at 03:34 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Flash Case?

Just got this for the sole purpose of lighting gear: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/894332-REG/ruggard_psb_675b_commando_pro_75_dslr.html

It is really well made camera case. Well padded. Large but not huge. I have 5 speed lights the size of Nikon SB 900, a Lowell ID light and battery, three pairs of OCF triggers, a small 4x5" LED light, two MagMod modifiers, two light stand umbrella/flash holders, a soft box speed ring and a jeweler screw driver set. It all fits comfortably. Seems to be the perfect bag for lighting and accessories. The price is very good too.

Mar 27, 2014 at 04:47 PM
swoop
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Flash Case?

I had my gear in a few bags for awhile. One for my camera and lenses, another for my backup camera, one for my speedlites and another still for my lightstands. As you can imagine, it was ridiculous.

Now I use one bsg for ny camera and lenses, a domke f-6, and a pelican storm im2500 for my speedlites, lightstand, umbrellas, and backup camera. It makes life easy.

I work a lot lighter than most and don't use flash for much more than brightening the ambient about a stop during receptions, but it's a setup that works for me.

Mar 27, 2014 at 05:47 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Flash Case?

it you decide to ever go large, the 1614 pelican holds a LOT of stuff, it's the one with the dividers on rollers, it is not the carry-on size (eventually I might need to get the carry-on for travel), but anyway, I have mine configured to hold just about everything I need, I also added the lid organizer too. I still have another soft case for might strobes and stands, but hope to find a sturdier case for it since I am about to bust out of that bag, I think I found one that will fit everything.

Does anyone have a roller bag that is also a backpack? I am trying to remember who makes those.

Mar 27, 2014 at 10:14 PM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Flash Case?

sherijohnson wroteDoes anyone have a roller bag that is also a backpack? I am trying to remember who makes those.

At only $369, it's really value-priced.

http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/airport-takeoff-roller-camera-bag.aspx

Mar 27, 2014 at 10:53 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Flash Case?

TTLKurtis wrote:
Pelican works... but holds everything instead of having several big bags of gear lying around?

One large bag would never fit all my stuff. I'm currently using two large bags plus a case for the light stands. And then there are the 40-pound sandbags.

Mar 27, 2014 at 11:51 PM
G-Gore
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Flash Case?

We also have the equipment broken down in two bags/cases.

In messenger-type of bag there is main camera, two lenses and a flash. In pelican 1510 there is rest of equip - 5 more flash, 3-4 lens, backup body, and random stuff.

Mar 29, 2014 at 01:28 PM
aonavy
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Flash Case?

Thanks for all the insights. Im really digging the pelican case that was recommened

Mar 31, 2014 at 07:54 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.