• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Recent Baseball

Mar 26, 2014 at 11:22 PM
rddayton
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Recent Baseball

Exposure, color and sharpness on 1 & 3 look good, but number 2 looks washed out and has a lot more noise (same game or perhaps different gear?) Perhaps if you resized it to a more manageable size it wouldn't be so bad.

There are some more significant issues going on here -- namely the crops you have selected. Pitchers beg for a vertical crop (unless perhaps you are shooting them from the dugout and are trying to show their stride and delivery.) Look at number 1 & 3. Go vertical and get rid of all the empty space and you will have a couple of nice images.

The biggest issue I have with number 2 is that it is late. While some may look at it briefly and assume he is trying to bunt the ball, the dirt flying by his foot is a dead give-away that he has already bunted the ball into the ground. It has nice "eyes and face" but in my opinion a bunt lacks action.

One other thing -- keep an eye on those horizons. Look a little skewed to me.

Keep 'em coming. I will be posting a few this afternoon. Love it when hardball season comes back.

Mar 27, 2014 at 05:30 AM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Recent Baseball

#1... what was your rationale on the crop decision?
#2... Agree with Rick. Sellable... yes. Postable... no.
#3... Screams tight tight horizontal crop just below the glove Let every body part nearly touch all 4 sides. Otherwise, it's stock, at best.

Mar 27, 2014 at 06:17 PM
FstopRocker

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Recent Baseball

For the most part, I aggree with Rddayton, however, it all depends on what you're going for. For a lot of sales, yes, a tight crop would be good. But if you're looking for editorial work, perhaps a magazine cover, they'll want the room for the text.

It all depends on what you're shooting for, I suppose. (Good pun, eh?)

I do like 1 and 3 the best, though 3 does it a bit more for me.
I like the warm look you have too. Good stuff.

_RW

Apr 07, 2014 at 10:19 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.