Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

e-m1 and metz 58 af-2... Help

cd23murray
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · e-m1 and metz 58 af-2... Help

I just purchased a metz 58 af-2 to use on my e-m1. The problem is I can't get it to fire when on the camera. If I set it to RC mode and the metz to slave (off camera) I can get it work, using the pop up flash on the camera. I'm by no means an expert with flash but I have never struggled to get one to fire.

I upgraded firmware, made sure RC was off and even tried manual flash mode. On the flash I tried ttl, auto and manual, still nothing.

The flash registers the zooming of my lens and the camera shows the lightning bolt icon, but nothing.

I'm thinking the flash is faulty, but wanted to see if anyone has any ideas. Thanks in advance.

Mar 26, 2014 at 09:27 PM
Betacamman
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · e-m1 and metz 58 af-2... Help

That is odd. I have this combo myself, and it works as normal for me. I have this vague memory that there was a menu setting that caused me issues when I first used the AF2 on my old E-M5. I'll take a look and see if I am remembering that right.

Mar 31, 2014 at 10:40 PM
cd23murray
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · e-m1 and metz 58 af-2... Help

beta..thanks for looking but don't waste your time. I discovered I could get it to fire intermittently if I press the flash down on the flash. So I inspected the flash and one of the pins (that is spring loaded) had lost all it tension. So I returned the flash and I'm supposed to get another one tomorrow. Hopefully that's it.

If it isn't I will let you know, but thanks for the response either way.

Apr 01, 2014 at 12:34 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password