Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Looking for a lightweight, small tripod for backpacking with a6000

Ssteve

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Looking for a lightweight, small tripod for backpacking with a6000

Picking up a a6000 to backpack with, and looking for a decent tripod and head combo. I won't be out in adverse conditions, just looking to take some basic shots and a head that will allow stitching shots easily. Any recommendations?

Mar 25, 2014 at 10:49 PM
Sven Jeppesen
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Looking for a lightweight, small tripod for backpacking with a6000

The Feisol travel tripods are nice for backpacking. And a small Markins Q3t head

Mar 26, 2014 at 12:30 AM
cambyses
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Looking for a lightweight, small tripod for backpacking with a6000

We have been pretty happy with our MeFoto Roadtrip:
http://www.mefoto.com/products/roadtrip.aspx

Mar 26, 2014 at 01:01 AM
mjbetch
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Looking for a lightweight, small tripod for backpacking with a6000

I absolutely love my Manfrotto Befree when I'm out traveling. Even nice to take around the city for night photography.

http://www.manfrotto.us/befree

Apr 02, 2014 at 04:16 PM
Ssteve

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Looking for a lightweight, small tripod for backpacking with a6000

I just picked up a gorillapod slr for now. Really happy with it for what I do.

Apr 02, 2014 at 04:47 PM
wordfool
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Looking for a lightweight, small tripod for backpacking with a6000

What do you want to spend? If I were to buy a fairly light, compact travelpod and did not have $700 to spare on a Gitzo Traveler I'd probably look at the smaller Sirui tripods (like the 1005) to use with my existing ballhead, or a Benro Travel Angel II

Apr 02, 2014 at 05:14 PM
slookx24
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Looking for a lightweight, small tripod for backpacking with a6000

cambyses wrote:
We have been pretty happy with our MeFoto Roadtrip:
http://www.mefoto.com/products/roadtrip.aspx

I just got the Mefoto Roadtrip to carry in my backpack when I go to Disneyland and am liking it a lot so far.

Apr 02, 2014 at 05:30 PM
SSISteve
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Looking for a lightweight, small tripod for backpacking with a6000

Feisol 3442 is great choice

Apr 02, 2014 at 09:16 PM
cambyses
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Looking for a lightweight, small tripod for backpacking with a6000

slookx24 wrote:
I just got the Mefoto Roadtrip to carry in my backpack when I go to Disneyland and am liking it a lot so far.

Yes, it is a pretty good and very portable tripod, IMO. We have the CF version. It is probably not for very heavy gear, but I have had our D800e+grip+70-200/2.8 on it with all the legs extended and it seemed very stable.

BTW, do they even allow tripods in Disneyland? I thought they have some restrictions on that.

Apr 03, 2014 at 02:21 PM
slookx24
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Looking for a lightweight, small tripod for backpacking with a6000

cambyses wrote:
Yes, it is a pretty good and very portable tripod, IMO. We have the CF version. It is probably not for very heavy gear, but I have had our D800e+grip+70-200/2.8 on it with all the legs extended and it seemed very stable.

BTW, do they even allow tripods in Disneyland? I thought they have some restrictions on that.

Their website says they allow tripods that can fit inside a standard backpack when collapsed. But I've also heard that it depends on the person checking your bag; they can disallow it. And even if you do get in with it, sometimes security gives you a hard time for setting up a tripod lol. I think as long as you use common sense and not set up your rig in a really busy area, you should be ok.

I also have a Gorillapod I've used in the park, but prefer the tripod.

Apr 03, 2014 at 05:24 PM
robfactory

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Looking for a lightweight, small tripod for backpacking with a6000

I guess there's good tripods at different price ranges. The mefoto is pretty sweet. my friend has it and it is a lightweight and sturdy stand. Sony makes a good lightweight tripod too. $25 Sony VCT-R100 Lightweight Compact

Apr 25, 2014 at 03:21 PM
rdcny
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Looking for a lightweight, small tripod for backpacking with a6000

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1288091/0#12282586

Apr 26, 2014 at 03:42 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.