Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Tech-Tools | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Sold: Custom ELITEBOOK Laptop PHOTOSHOP/PREMEIRE Workstation

photosymbol
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Custom ELITEBOOK Laptop PHOTOSHOP/PREMEIRE Workstation

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   CUSTOM ELITEBOOK LAPTOP PHOTOSHOP/PREMEIRE WORKSTATION

Sold

Price: $2,500.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9+ Shows little or no signs of wear
Shipping instructions: USPS priority, insured full cost.

Hello All,

I have for sale a laptop which i special ordered through HP and had it custom configured through some wrangling to my precise specifications from HP itself. There is no competitor to this product...

This is the HP Elitebook 8770w with DreamColor RGB LED display (The widest laptop display gamut). It has the following Premium Attributes:
1. 17" RGB LED Display. The only laptop on the market that comes with a RGB LED display and integrated calibration system from X-Rite.
2. All Aluminum/Magnesium body which is rated to mil-spec. Something MacBook Pro's aren't.
3. Drive & RAM configuration for Adobe Photoshop/Premeire specialization.
-One MSATA 24GB cache drive
-One 500GB 7200RPM storage drive.
-One 300GB Samsung SSD OS drive. (Upgrade)
-20GB of Kingston RAM. (Upgrade)
-Intel i7-3720QM 2.6Ghz multi-core processor.
4. Includes X-Rite EyeOne puck for calibration. The most trusted name in calibration. (Upgrade)
5. Built-in protected SD slot, no usb drives needed.
6. Back-lit full keyboard for programming keys.
7. Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1. License Included.
8. Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010. License Included.
9. 720p Webcam for video conferencing.
10. Backlit keyboard for dark venues.

Ports:

1. One firewire 1394
2. Two USB 3.0 ports
3. One Displayport
4. One eSata port
5. Two powered USB 2.0
6. One SD Card port
7. One VGA port
8. One RJ-45 port
9. One headphone/Microphone

X-Rite Calibration Solution

Strongest hinge i've ever seen on a laptop.

Backlit keyboard, seen here running Adobe Premiere.

Practical information:
I purchased this on 4/24/13.

This would appeal to someone that either doesn't have space for a desktop at their place or more likely someone that needs to work on photos or video on the road. Perhaps someone offering same-day edits and needs the ultimate in speed and power to save time. Maybe someone that just really wants to work on photographs or videos while outdoors or on the road and needs a calibrated solution before posting them to the web or to a client. Also handles Hasselblad Phocus and Hasselblad MF files with ease.

There is no competitor to this product. And nobody has one for sale similar to what you are seeing here.
Condition - the laptop is in almost perfect condition. There is one superficial divet on the cover and that's all i can see compared to new.

Videographers: Imagine having the power of your desktop with you on the road... Calibrated jsust like your desktop, able to run Adobe Premiere CS6 with ease. Use the built-in SD card slot from your 5DIII video files.There is eSata connectivity to connect to an external drive, if needed for the extra speed. Or just use the internal SSD. Offer same day edits, or do edits on the road. Burn your finished files to BluRay with the BluRay burner. Or back to your drive and be done.

Photographers: Imagine doing a shoot and then being on a plane, train or car editing files with the power of your desktop. I judge a laptop's power by its ability to do Liquify in photoshop. Full sized 5DMKIII files with liquify, no problem.... Computing power and calibration to match. The rugged mil-spec body can take years of abuse. Full number pad to assign to photoshop actions.

Reviews and Videos:
Review of a laptop:

Older video :

My video: http://youtu.be/_3Pvt51DXLA (Note: The palm rests aren't dirty or anything, it's a metal body and it's cold here right now, so when i put my wrist on there, the cool body was reacting to my warm wrists.)
Basic Datasheet on laptop: http://www.hp.com/united-states/campaigns/workstations/images/datasheet_8770w.pdf

Pricing and reason for sale:
I'm selling this because i'm leaving the photography business. I no longer have a need for it. I purchased it new on 4/24/13 for $3150. It's still under warranty. I added a Samsung 300gb OS drive ($355) and 16GB of Kingston RAM ($180) and X-Rite/HP Calibration tool ($249) for a grand total of $3934 and that's including Windows Ultimate or Office 2010 Pro.

I'm selling this laptop to move for $2500. paypal and insurance included.

What's not included: Adobe Photoshop or Premeire.

Not my photo

Edited on May 08, 2014 at 08:23 PM · View previous versions

Mar 25, 2014 at 07:58 PM
catkinr

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Custom ELITEBOOK Laptop PHOTOSHOP/PREMEIRE Workstation

PM Sent

Apr 06, 2014 at 08:36 PM
rdcny
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: Custom ELITEBOOK Laptop PHOTOSHOP/PREMEIRE Workstation

PM sent - on behalf of someone else

Apr 23, 2014 at 03:15 AM
photosymbol
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sold: Custom ELITEBOOK Laptop PHOTOSHOP/PREMEIRE Workstation

Apr 29, 2014 at 09:02 PM
Jingobooks
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sold: Custom ELITEBOOK Laptop PHOTOSHOP/PREMEIRE Workstation

GLWS... home someone buys this beauty... BTW - your photos are gorgeous!!

May 04, 2014 at 04:52 PM
photosymbol
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sold: Custom ELITEBOOK Laptop PHOTOSHOP/PREMEIRE Workstation

sold.

May 08, 2014 at 08:24 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Tech-Tools | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.