Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Experience with henrys?

jmorris88

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Experience with henrys?

Looking for some feedback from anyone who has purchased any used equipment from Henry's here in Canada.

Looking at a 5d classic online from them and was looking for feedback before I took the plunge.

Mar 25, 2014 at 02:17 PM
EJphotos
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Experience with henrys?

Many years ago I bought a used 30D from Henry's with no problems. Shipping was quick, the body was better than described, and for a great price.

Mar 25, 2014 at 02:20 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Experience with henrys?

They're first rate. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them. In fact, I sometimes do.

P.S. this'll probably get moved to the General Gear forum.

Mar 25, 2014 at 02:20 PM
Shutterbug2006
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Experience with henrys?

I've bought two camera's and several lenses from Henry's in Ontario. They are a pleasure to deal with, though inflexible when it comes to negotiating prices other than those listed in an advertisement.

I would happily deal with them should the need arise.

Mar 25, 2014 at 02:31 PM
Sagar
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Experience with henrys?

I did not purchase used but had ordered 2 Nikon 1 V2s, my experience was very good. Found their sales/customer service very prompt. Camera was shipped quickly and arrived safely in US

Mar 25, 2014 at 02:32 PM
jmorris88

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Experience with henrys?

Thanks so much for the quick responses. I was talking to the sales person and he said he would grade the camera higher than it is. The only hesitation I have is that I'm in Newfoundland and the camera is in Ontario and they can't tell me what the shutter count is on the camera.

I think I'm going to go with it and purchase their replacement warranty on it.

Mar 25, 2014 at 02:50 PM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Experience with henrys?

I bought a used Tokina 16-28 f/2.8 lens from them that was in about as perfect condition as you might expect out of the box.

Mar 25, 2014 at 03:30 PM
tonytastic
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Experience with henrys?

they're a big box store, one of the few big ones in Toronto (next to Vistek); they got a good warranty exchange policy and got a reputation to keep up

Mar 25, 2014 at 03:59 PM
jmorris88

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Experience with henrys?

Well I pulled the trigger and went ahead with it. Full frame here I come.

Mar 25, 2014 at 04:02 PM
gpgt1998
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Experience with henrys?

I've bought from them off of Ebay and they've been good to deal with.

Mar 25, 2014 at 04:17 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Experience with henrys?

I've had very good experiences buying from their eBay store. Buying directly through their web site has been a bit of a mixed bag, but if you have an issue they do stand behind what they sell.

Mar 26, 2014 at 02:50 PM
dasrocket
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Experience with henrys?

Henry's is local to me and have had an account with them for over 10 years. They are pretty good and always stand behind the product they sell. No one is perfect, but they take their reputation pretty seriously.

Mar 26, 2014 at 05:00 PM
ftemoto
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Experience with henrys?

Ditto on a good experience buying from their EBay store. Picked up a "used" Gitzo tripod that seems as good as new, and they got it to me from eastern Canada to California impressively fast.

Mar 26, 2014 at 06:10 PM
scottiet
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Experience with henrys?

I deal with them here in Halifax all the time and I can say nothing but great things about them. Fantastic service and a pleasure to deal with.

Mar 26, 2014 at 06:18 PM
rick2906
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Experience with henrys?

Same here, I bought my camera and many items from them and I am very satisfied!

Mar 26, 2014 at 06:32 PM
Peacekpr
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Experience with henrys?

I found them a little expensive but they really try to take care of their customers. I bought a used 24-70 Mk2 and it was cleaned and inspected before they put it on sale. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

Mar 26, 2014 at 06:38 PM
cambyses
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Experience with henrys?

My first-ever experience buying a used item from Henry's didn't turn out so well.

Looks like they are using an older inventory management system and what could happen is that when you place an order online for a used item, the store(s) which have that item won't be notified until someone in their online dept manually goes through the orders and contacts the store(s). And during this time, the stores may well sell the item which is what apparently happened in my case.

I placed an online order for a used item, and a week later I got an email saying sorry, we cannot find it anymore!!

So, word of advice: If you are in Canada, and want to buy used from Henry's, don't place the order online. Call and figure out which store has it, and order it directly through the specific store over the phone. If you are in the US, their stores cannot accept phone orders, so feel free to place the order online but don't hold your breath that you will actually receive it particularly if it looks like a good deal on a popular item!

Jan 04, 2016 at 07:52 PM
fsiagian
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Experience with henrys?

One of the best, even for us in the US.

Jan 04, 2016 at 07:53 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Experience with henrys?

cambyses wrote:
...So, word of advice: If you are in Canada, and want to buy used from Henry's, don't place the order online. Call and figure out which store has it, and order it directly through the specific store over the phone. If you are in the US, their stores cannot accept phone orders, so feel free to place the order online but don't hold your breath that you will actually receive it particularly if it looks like a good deal on a popular item!

Sounds like good advice.

Most of Henry's used gear is sold through eBay.

Of course, the best way to buy used gear from Henry's, is to drop into their shop at Queen and Church, in To.

Jan 04, 2016 at 08:40 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.