New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              5      
       end

Archive 2014 · Fewer and fewer people who know how the music should be played

Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #1 · p.6 #1 · Fewer and fewer people who know how the music should be played

Gunzorro wrote:
. . . and often those images are highly PP'd.

And why shouldn't they be? PP is an integral part of good photography. Any photographer that does not believe good PP skills are important, is narrow-minded.

A photograph does not have to be simply what the camera spits out.

Mar 30, 2014 at 09:05 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • • •
p.6 #2 · p.6 #2 · Fewer and fewer people who know how the music should be played

Imagemaster wrote:
And why shouldn't they be? PP is an integral part of good photography. Any photographer that does not believe good PP skills are important, is narrow-minded.

A photograph does not have to be simply what the camera spits out.

I'm not arguing against PP. Just saying a lot of "the look" often attributed to certain brands is often highly influenced (exaggerated) by PP rather than intrinsic qualities of the lens or camera system.

Mar 31, 2014 at 09:10 AM
Access
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #3 · p.6 #3 · Fewer and fewer people who know how the music should be played

Gunzorro wrote:
. . . and often those images are highly PP'ed.

I also have a related observation that I call "The Zeiss-Leica Principle".

I'm okay with this. Especially if it's unobtrusive.

And if that "zeiss-leica principle" you cite is true, it could just be that people were buying the gear, then discovering it didn't create "the look", so they had to create the look in post-processing in order to rationalize the purchase. Or it could be simple correlation.

"Without any particular priority, these are some key factors that I've found in photography:
Equipment
Logistics (planning)
Talent (experience)
Lighting
Post Processing"
Don't forget editing, unless that is included in post-processing.

The most productive club I'm in, you're only allowed to post between 5-10 photos for the day on the page. Many people can take a thousand or more photos at an event, but lack the ability to find the five best in those thousand.

Mar 31, 2014 at 10:13 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #4 · p.6 #4 · Fewer and fewer people who know how the music should be played

Paul Mo wrote:
I'd rather make images that mean the world to my family than please a critic.

++++1

Mar 31, 2014 at 05:36 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • • •
p.6 #5 · p.6 #5 · Fewer and fewer people who know how the music should be played

Well, despite this seeming to be the right forum for the subject matter, it looks to be the Dead Letter Office -- where threads come to die.

Apr 01, 2014 at 09:20 AM
Gunzorro
• • • • • •
p.6 #6 · p.6 #6 · Fewer and fewer people who know how the music should be played

* crickets *

"chirp"

"chirp"

(I guess I'll have to admit Dan had a good idea putting a lively thread in the Canon forum. I don't know if the subject would agree, but we've had fun, haven't we? )

Apr 03, 2014 at 01:58 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • • •
p.6 #7 · p.6 #7 · Fewer and fewer people who know how the music should be played

It's not my thread, so I guess I'll let it die its gruesome, over-intellectualized and sanctimonious literary death.

Good-bye, cruel thread!

Apr 07, 2014 at 05:04 PM
       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.