New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Feed Reader

Mishu01
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Feed Reader

Is there any way to follow one or more boards on a feed reader? I was unable to discover that.

Mar 25, 2014 at 05:53 AM
Mickey
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Feed Reader

What is a "feed reader"??

Mar 25, 2014 at 07:42 AM
Mishu01
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Feed Reader

RSS reader, news aggregator, feed aggregator... whatever... see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_feed

Mar 25, 2014 at 09:34 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Feed Reader

That's a nice idea Mihai. I doubt I would use it since I'm not inclined to use the RSS opportunities already available to me on other websites, but for someone who does, it can be a very efficient way to keep up with the MANUAL FOCUS NIKON GLASS thread...

Mar 25, 2014 at 01:11 PM
Mishu01
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Feed Reader

Yeah Curtis... my time is very limited and is a PITA to visit various forums in order to see what new threads were started or to follow carefully some threads that I am connected with like the successfull thread you started I was on Google Reader, now I use Feedly and I see whatever Thom, Neil Van Neikirk, Ming Thein and others are posting. If I see something interesting I click... if not I leave. I'll be very happy if Fred will implement this capability on his site. It must be not that complicate. I also have Feedly installed on my Android phone and it is a very nice tool. When I travel and I get access to a hotspot I can browse my reader...

Mar 25, 2014 at 02:35 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Feed Reader

You're a techy Mihai while I'm one step above a Luddite...

: one of a group of early 19th century English workmen destroying laborsaving machinery as a protest; broadly : one who is opposed to especially technological change

Actually, I'm not so much opposed as unmotivated to take advantage of everything on offer in our new world. I have an Apple iPhone but I use it as a Go phone rather than as a regular phone with a data plan. I don't own a tablet and my MacBook Air really doesn't leave my cottage. It sits next to the chair so I don't have to go to the other room if I want to go online.

You're a techie both by inclination and profession. All good my friend. Perhaps Fred will take pity on you...

Mar 25, 2014 at 02:44 PM
Mishu01
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Feed Reader

Well... I probably was a techy 10yrs ago... at least that was other people idea about me At this time I'm a bit addicted to internet... and a lot is connected to photography, following some guru and some devil advocates With my PJ background I'm also addicted to news and from my engineering background I'm still interested in what happen in High Tech but not so much like in the past. I still try to live my life in a way to have significance so... I do not own a tablet... I use my wife tablet in a few situation... but my phone has a generous 5" display so is a mini-tablet already I use a laptop only when travel for more than a day... I'm an old fashioned guy using my own designed desktop PC, something like a Hummer for the world of computers

Take care my friend, enjoy your time and be good to Sue! Give her greetings from a crazy guy at antipodes...

Mar 25, 2014 at 03:00 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Feed Reader

Glad I met you Mihai and happy to consider you a cyber friend...

Mar 25, 2014 at 11:14 PM
Mishu01
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Feed Reader

Me too Curtis! And happy for starting this thread. While no solution for my feed aggregator I've got the chance to talk to you like in a chat room! Isn't FM a great home for us?

Mar 26, 2014 at 04:56 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.