FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

Archive 2014 · Domke Bag...

photoguycanada

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Domke Bag...

okay thanks so much everyone.

here is my dilemma now.

I like the F-3X but don't like how it has only 1 closing loop and the size seems great. The side pockets are fine.

I really like the F-6 for it's 2 closing loops.

does the 1 vs. 2 loops really make a difference?

Apr 02, 2014 at 09:32 PM
pjheller
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Domke Bag...

No. You‘ll probably hardly ever use them. The bags are designed to be easy to work out of, so why would you bother to use them (I can only think of a couple of times when I needed to secure them on by bags).

Just my $.02

Apr 02, 2014 at 10:00 PM
jiannazzone
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Domke Bag...

I agree that the number of loops is a non issue. I have used mine only during transport or when it a very crowded area where I would worry about "curious hands" in which event I also have a hand on the bag. The whole point is ease of access.

Apr 02, 2014 at 11:36 PM
photoguycanada

p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Domke Bag...

okay thanks everyone for the help - I'll purchase the F-3X.... now what material to buy

Apr 03, 2014 at 04:51 PM
md ripper

p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Domke Bag...

A friend of mine has a Domke bag and its awesome, great quality. Thinking about picking one up myself.

Apr 03, 2014 at 05:53 PM
pjheller
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Domke Bag...

Just FYI, I noticed there’s a black F3X listed in the FS section.

Apr 03, 2014 at 10:49 PM
ValveTubeHead
• •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Domke Bag...

I found a limited edition f-3x in Olive rugged wear, with black straps (pictured on previous page); I really like it a lot. IMO, the classic unwaxed canvas material feels a bit thicker to the hand than rugged wear versions...my f2 is classic tan version, f-802 (great 13" laptop satchel) is classic olive, f-5xb brown rugged wear. I'm not very fond of ballistic nylon bags, but have a couple LowePro bags that serve me well in some situations.

Apr 04, 2014 at 07:06 PM
jiannazzone
• •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Domke Bag...

IMO the dark bags look nice as they wear but are difficult to find small gear in. Both of my bags are classic tan. I prefer the look and feel of canvas over nylon.

Apr 04, 2014 at 09:04 PM
Vilk
• •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Domke Bag...

Get an F2, sight unseen, just do it. Actually, get three, before their moronic design update kicks in. They already ruined a perfectly fine vest a short while ago, now they're improving their bag line--with bright red zippers and chrome buckles!

Apr 04, 2014 at 09:15 PM
pjheller
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Domke Bag...

Vilk wrote:
Get an F2, sight unseen, just do it. Actually, get three, before their moronic design update kicks in. They already ruined a perfectly fine vest a short while ago, now they're improving their bag line--with bright red zippers and chrome buckles!

Where did you see this new design?? May have to get a couple more F2 bags and stick them in the closet until needed.

Apr 04, 2014 at 09:21 PM
ValveTubeHead
• •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Domke Bag...

Vilk wrote:

It's my understanding that they will be keeping the "legacy" line of bags and be adding the new designs to their offerings. The f-2 must be one of the best selling bags on the planet...I can't imagine them discontinuing, like forever.

Apr 04, 2014 at 09:26 PM
Vilk
• •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Domke Bag...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Domke/153802871314364

valve, i'll pray it is so--for the sake of future generations... 'coz myself i will sure stock up

(hey, mebbe that was the idea: to get old geezers and rookies-on-the-fence to grab one! )

Apr 04, 2014 at 09:40 PM
pjheller
• • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Domke Bag...

May be “next generation” but I’m sticking with the older generation.

Apr 04, 2014 at 09:43 PM
ValveTubeHead
• •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Domke Bag...

pjheller wrote:
May be “next generation” but I’m sticking with the older generation.

I'm with you... The neon accents do nothing for me, and the new designs look like they were done by committee. "Simpler" is better in my book.

Apr 04, 2014 at 10:03 PM
photoguycanada

p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Domke Bag...

man am I ever having a hard time deciding which F-3X to get....about the pull the trigger but....

I really like the colors of the F-3XB (black with grey Logo), I like the Black canvas but don't care so much for the Red Domke Logo. But I feel the majority of people like the canvas material better...

what are your thoughts?

Apr 11, 2014 at 11:30 PM
dcains
• • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Domke Bag...

The nylon F3X is slightly different from the canvas one, or at least it used to be. I had a nylon one several years ago in which the interior dividers didn't go all the way to the bottom of the bag. It was also slightly smaller.

Also, you can easily remove all the logos from Domke bag with a seam ripper tool (get one at a fabric store, or sewing dept. at Wal-mart, etc.). I've got 5 Domke bags, and they've all been de-badged, which I think is a much nicer look. I also like to run them through the wash a few times, to break them in before use. Softens up the material, fades it slightly, and gives them a bit of an aged look. That's another plus to the canvas versions - they get better with age.

Apr 12, 2014 at 01:48 AM
pjheller
• • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Domke Bag...

I prefer the canvas bags . . .tried one of the nylon ones but found it didn’t hold its shape as well as the canvas. YMMV. Doubt you can go wrong with either one.

Apr 12, 2014 at 02:38 AM
shutterbug guy
• • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Domke Bag...

I pulled the trigger on my 2nd F-2, 1st one was showing it's age with some holes worn through the canvas. This time I'm getting the waxed canvas, should be a sweet looking bag.

Apr 12, 2014 at 09:58 AM
photoguycanada

p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Domke Bag...

dcains wrote:
The nylon F3X is slightly different from the canvas one, or at least it used to be. I had a nylon one several years ago in which the interior dividers didn't go all the way to the bottom of the bag. It was also slightly smaller.

Also, you can easily remove all the logos from Domke bag with a seam ripper tool (get one at a fabric store, or sewing dept. at Wal-mart, etc.). I've got 5 Domke bags, and they've all been de-badged, which I think is a much nicer look. I also like to run them through the
...Show more

Awesome, thanks for your help!

Apr 12, 2014 at 10:54 AM
photoguycanada

p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Domke Bag...

shutterbug guy wrote:
I pulled the trigger on my 2nd F-2, 1st one was showing it's age with some holes worn through the canvas. This time I'm getting the waxed canvas, should be a sweet looking bag.

I might get the waxed canvas one as well!

Apr 12, 2014 at 10:54 AM
       3       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.