New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · d800, CS5, panorama problem

Kyyo24
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · d800, CS5, panorama problem

ive never had a problem with my d300s creating a panorama so im not sure if maybe its because of the size of the d800 files or something? anyways i select the 5 i want and do the photomerge but instead of ps creating a horizontal panorama, it makes it a vertical image. im not sure if its something im doing wrong..?

Mar 24, 2014 at 08:28 PM
Tinstafl

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · d800, CS5, panorama problem

I use my D800 and do panos in cs5 with no problem other than taking a bit of time.

Mar 24, 2014 at 08:48 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · d800, CS5, panorama problem

I would think you are doing something wrong. How about posting the web versions of the 5 shots in here?

But for good pano work... use PTGui... it's the old tried and true standard for creating pano's.

Jim

Mar 25, 2014 at 01:05 AM
pburke
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · d800, CS5, panorama problem

simple test - shoot another panorama with similar parameters. If you keep getting the same glitch, then there's something wrong. If not, your original set of images doesn't overlap properly or lacks features the software can use to arrange them by.

If auto mode doesn't work, use rotational or whatever it is called (if that is what you did, but most of the time that is what it is)

Worst case, use other software tools like PTGui or ICE (free from Microsoft) to try to stitch. The lack of a manual arrange mode in Photomerge is probably the single biggest problem with the Adobe tool.

I've only had problems with Photomerge when my source images didn't overlap properly, especially when the source photos had no EXIF data (slide scans).

Mar 25, 2014 at 09:01 AM
MalbikEndar
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · d800, CS5, panorama problem

> But for good pano work... use PTGui...

Tried it once. Maybe it's been improved.

Mar 25, 2014 at 10:21 AM
Alistair1
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · d800, CS5, panorama problem

Kyyo24 wrote:
ive never had a problem with my d300s creating a panorama so im not sure if maybe its because of the size of the d800 files or something? anyways i select the 5 i want and do the photomerge but instead of ps creating a horizontal panorama, it makes it a vertical image. im not sure if its something im doing wrong..?

Photoshop will do this sometimes when there is insufficient detail for it to determine the appropriate stitch lines. Do the images you are stitching lack a lot of detail. For example they contain mainly sky and sand? I have experienced problems with stitching these type of images from my 800e in PS.

Mar 25, 2014 at 06:06 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.