Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Nikkor 300 2.8 AF-I on Nikon 1/FT-1?

rlandrigan
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nikkor 300 2.8 AF-I on Nikon 1/FT-1?

Has anyone tried using the AF-I 300 2.8 on a Nikon 1/FT-1 combo? I doubt that it will work, but hoping, as that would be a fun option for sports without having to have a second big body lying around (my kid's games, that is - I am that dad with the 300 2.8 and monopod at a 6 year old soccer game

Right now, I'm using my D600+300, and an X100 for sideline/close shots, but would love to have the D600 with a 35 or zoom, and then the big glass for the far afield shots - since those are actually rarer.

Mar 24, 2014 at 01:45 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nikkor 300 2.8 AF-I on Nikon 1/FT-1?

Hi there, the AF-I-lenses are not mentioned at the lists with official supported lenses. But I would give it a try - the AF-S 300/2.8 (first generation) and AF-S 200/2 VR I work pretty well with the V1 and FT1.
I tend to use really short shutter-speeds to deal with camera-shake (and exact framing is difficult because the effective field of view is very narrow). AF works only with the central focus-field and tracking doesn't work.
It's still a useable combo for shots of short-fused coaches etc from a distance.
Sorry for my English.

Mar 24, 2014 at 02:16 PM
Jason_Brook
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nikkor 300 2.8 AF-I on Nikon 1/FT-1?

I don't see why it wouldn't work. As far as the camera knows it's an AF-S lens.

Mar 24, 2014 at 02:18 PM
thursdaylsr
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nikkor 300 2.8 AF-I on Nikon 1/FT-1?

It works, I don't have examples but I've played around with it a few times. Use center focus.

Mar 24, 2014 at 11:52 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.