FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Spring Sunrise

Lee Wiren
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Spring Sunrise

Man... this is getting difficult and I could use the C&C for some help.

I am down to my one camera... Olympus E-3 (which we all know does terrible in low light situations due to the size of the 4/3 sensor) and have either my 12-60mm (FFE 24-120) with a broken lens hood or my 25/2.8 prime pancake sporting my .8ND and a CPL...

This shot was with the latter lens (which also does not have any hood), 3 shot pano stitched in Hug-In and PP'd in LR4.... This is about 5 minutes pre-dawn and the landscape beneath the mountain is sooooo dark. The only thing I can say about this shot is it almost comes out looking like a soft brushed oil on canvas painting...

How (with the gear I have) am I supposed to get a good foreground? I am not sure it's possible. I think I want to get up to this locale on a nice day where there may be a lenticular hanging above the peak and get a sunset shot.. sun would be directly behind me... then at least I could get the foreground leading to the mountain lit well and use the CPL to darken the sky a touch....

Please, have a go with your c&c.. i'm ready for it.

Mar 23, 2014 at 07:26 PM
Timmeh
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Spring Sunrise

Hi Lee,

I think there's an image in the mountain and the clearing below it, but the river and trees don't really add much to the nice sky you had.

Tim

Mar 23, 2014 at 08:28 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.