New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · recommend a good waist pack

RogerC11
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · recommend a good waist pack

I know it looks really dorky but i don't give a fk. What are some good waist packs that can handle a 6d with a small prime comfortably and possibly an extra lens? Lowepro, ThinkTank, other?

Mar 22, 2014 at 09:55 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · recommend a good waist pack

Do a search for 'click' on the B&H site.

Mar 22, 2014 at 10:32 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · recommend a good waist pack

Hi Roger, you might checkout ThinkTank's belt bag, it can be used over the shoulder as well, a link is below. The belt bag is even more flexible, it can use TT's pouches and skins that attach to TT's modular belt system...

Change Up™ V2.0
http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/changeupv2.aspx

For a kit much like the one you listed I use the TT Retrospective7, it can easily hold a gripped 7D with attached 17-40L and 70-200f4L IS; this bag sits on my lap, it's not a belt bag/pack. It's got a back pocket for a 7" tablet or an iPad. I was going to get the Retro5, but decided on the 7 because I'm planning to buy a 6D next year. Another feature of the Retro messenger bags is that they can use the modular 'belt' type pouches and skins as well, I have two so far, one for a 580II flash and another for a water bottle.

Cheers,
Jerry

Mar 22, 2014 at 10:48 PM
wordfool
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · recommend a good waist pack

I swear by Think Tank's waist packs, which are great as both shoulder bags and as waist packs and as shoulder bags they look almost like a normal bag so you don't have to look dorky all the time. I have both the Speed Freak and Speed Racer and they're my most used bags.

http://www.thinktankphoto.com/categories/camera-beltpacks/speed-convertibles-beltpacks.aspx

One body and a couple lenses seems a relatively light load to warrant a waist pack, but the Speed Demon would certainly work.

Mar 22, 2014 at 11:57 PM
Tapeman
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · recommend a good waist pack

I'm into the dorky look.

Mar 23, 2014 at 05:25 AM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · recommend a good waist pack

I use a LowePro TopLoader Zoom; TLZ-1.

I put a 5D2 with 100mm f/2.8 macro attached (lens hood reversed), a 50 f/1.8 or 40 f/2.8 below it, and a trusty old 28 f/2.8 EF (discontinued) with lens hood reversed in the pouch. I also put a 270 EX II in the bottom outer pouch. I will be making a ten inch folding reflector out of gold and silver fabric and there is room to slip that in the top pouch.

With that kit (with or without the 100-400) I feel I have a very capable set of lenses and lighting.

I can put that on a belt or clip the strap and sling it over a shoulder. I can put the macro at the bottom of the bag and the camera with 28 or 40/50 on it above it. I also thread the 100-400 L case onto the belt sometimes and they make a nice balanced pair.

I find the belt convenient since I don't have to continually adjust it on my shoulder.

Mar 23, 2014 at 08:36 AM
Roy Morales
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · recommend a good waist pack

I got the think tank set . But I like the old blue Canon one .
I seldom put the camera and lens in it , just an extra lens rain sleeve 1st aid
kit and cleaning kit . The think tank set has a water bottle holder I do use .

Mar 23, 2014 at 12:34 PM
RogerC11
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · recommend a good waist pack

Monito, with the toploader do you feel the weight more bearung down on the shoulder sling or at the waist? My main priority would be to get the load off the shoulders and bear most of it at the waist.

Mar 23, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · recommend a good waist pack

RogerC11 wrote:
Monito, with the toploader do you feel the weight more bearung down on the shoulder sling or at the waist? My main priority would be to get the load off the shoulders and bear most of it at the waist.

With it on my shoulders, I feel the weight after some time and then I have to shift it to the other shoulder.

But on my shoulders, I have to constantly fidget with it because on a jacket or sweater it slides outwards and I have to pull it in again. Looping it over my neck stops the fidgeting, but then the weight is more noticeable.

On my waist, I basically don't notice the weight, I don't have to fiddle with it, and I have my hands free instead of hanging onto a strap half the time.

Mar 23, 2014 at 12:46 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.