New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · WonderPana - Ultra Slim Multi-Coat Polarizer

transientgolf
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · WonderPana - Ultra Slim Multi-Coat Polarizer

I am going to get the WonderPana system for my 14-24. I notice they now offer an Ultra-Slim Multi-Coated polarizer. It is of course more expensive and isn't included in any of their "kits." I wondered if anyone had any experience with it?

The item I am referring to is here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H5XDVGA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_7?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AG1FKBNAQKSKJ

and here:

http://www.fotodioxpro.com/camera-photo-accessories/wonderpana-filter-system/66-upgrade-bracket/pro1-145mm-ultra-slim-mc-cpl-filter.html

I appreciate any experiences or thoughts!

Thanks...

Mar 22, 2014 at 12:06 PM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · WonderPana - Ultra Slim Multi-Coat Polarizer

I believe the biggest difference between the filter that comes with the Wonderpana kit for $269 and this filter, is that this one is multi-coated and the other is not.

Mar 22, 2014 at 02:01 PM
Rob Patterson

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · WonderPana - Ultra Slim Multi-Coat Polarizer

I have this filter and I bought it because there is some vignetting with the filters on the wonderpana system, and I wanted the least vignetting possible. The filter ring is only 6mm which is half the size of the standard filter. With the ultra thin filter, the vignetting essentially goes away when you apply the lens correction in Lightroom. I've never used the thicker one so I can't compare the two, but I like this filter. I took the photo below using it.

Mar 22, 2014 at 04:42 PM
transientgolf
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · WonderPana - Ultra Slim Multi-Coat Polarizer

Thanks for the feedback. I am leaning towards the ultra-slim to start.

Of course, given how expensive this and other available systems are - it makes me wonder if I should just get the 16-35 and use the filters I already have for the times I want to go wide with a filter.

Mar 23, 2014 at 12:45 PM
Stryker 2.0

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · WonderPana - Ultra Slim Multi-Coat Polarizer

This is yet another topic I am thinking hard about. I have an UWA lens with no filter threads. Going with the WonderPana I end up, when all kitted up half way to another lens... Or even closer.

Apr 11, 2014 at 07:04 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.