Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · T&I at a Pro venue

Ralph Thompson
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · T&I at a Pro venue

I've done T&I for some time now... I know when I buy backdrops they must have all non-licensed logos removed. A few years back I thought of approaching a pro team to use their arena/stadium for a photo day. I was advised that it would not be possible because of all the advertisers' logos must be removed or be made unrecognizable. Today while shooting a MaxPreps gig at a pro venue, Lifetouch sports shot a team photo for one of the teams. I saw order forms, they did coaches' photos etc.. Is this taboo?

Mar 22, 2014 at 12:28 AM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · T&I at a Pro venue

Ralph... confused. Is LT shooting at the same venue as you tried to? Are they shooting with advertisements in the BG of the team and head shots?

Mar 22, 2014 at 07:18 AM
Ralph Thompson
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · T&I at a Pro venue

Paul, I was always taught that if you shoot a "photo for profit" in a non-public venue that you had to have a license for the logos in the background... I was just wondering when LT shot this schools' yearbook/ T&I photo on a pro ball field with all the logos, scoreboard etc... if they had to have a use license or is permission from the facility an implied license?

Though I've never done this, I know you can't sell the non-licensed images of pro athletes... For that matter, I guess the MaxPreps guys shooting action for sale may fall into the same boat.... I'd like to hear what others' take is on this type of situation...

Ralph

Mar 23, 2014 at 08:15 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.