Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Carbon Copy Cloner: Works in both directions??

NathanHamler
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Carbon Copy Cloner: Works in both directions??

So i'm wondering, I typically keep my Aperture library on an internal HDD.....then i clone it to an (several) external USB 3.0 drive(s) periodically....the way the CCC works is it only transfers the files that have been changed....i'm wondering if it works in both directions though......as in, if i worked remotely on one of the USB 3.0 drives, can i clone from the portable drive, BACK to the internal drive, and have it only update what has been changed? Or will it just do everything, since this would be the first time I've cloned in this direction....any thoughts before i press "Go?" lol

Mar 21, 2014 at 03:01 PM
NathanHamler
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Carbon Copy Cloner: Works in both directions??

Nevermind, I just tried it on a whim (kinda a risky gamble), it worked great....took 2 minutes and only updated the files that changed, so it works in both directions.

Mar 21, 2014 at 03:05 PM
Alan321
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Carbon Copy Cloner: Works in both directions??

If you want to use CCC to backup the operating system too then create another system volume on a separate drive and put CCC on it. Then boot to that one to run CCC and make copies in block transfer mode of the main drive. That way it is not trying to copy the actual system that is running. This will come in handy if you damage your OS and need to recover.

Mar 25, 2014 at 08:08 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.