Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Hendrik, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

anyone else having a problem with lightroom 5.3 hanging o...

jzucker
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · anyone else having a problem with lightroom 5.3 hanging on import?

Tried all the usual stuff. Disconnected all USB devices, deleted preferences file, created a new catalog, nothing helps. Even disabled all non MS Services. It hangs so bad that you can't fully terminate it. The only way to restart it is to reboot. Task Manager can't fully terminate it. Seems like others are having the problem as well. It just started with the upgrade to 5.3. Wasn't happening before that.

Spent 2 hours on phone support with adobe but no solutions. Doesn't matter if I import from a CF card, or one of my internal harddrive. Even hangs when synchronizing a folder.

Very frustrating. Had to resort to photo mechanic but I need LR's print module...Or, at least I prefer to output from that instead of photoshop...

Mar 20, 2014 at 01:49 AM
15Bit
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · anyone else having a problem with lightroom 5.3 hanging on import?

Tried removing and reinstalling LR?

Mar 20, 2014 at 05:56 AM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · anyone else having a problem with lightroom 5.3 hanging on import?

yup. No such troubles here either. It's something environmental most likely.

Mar 20, 2014 at 11:34 AM
Brendan ONeill
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · anyone else having a problem with lightroom 5.3 hanging on import?

Hmmm. If you want to troubleshoot a little deeper try loading some of the sysinternals tools like FileMon and Regmon. (Google sysinternals). They are MS tools but as always, always, always make sure you have backups.

With FileMon you can try to determine if it's timing out looking for an invalid drive or something. Maybe you have something invalid on your path. You can filter on processes and such.

Regmon, same thing, but monitors the registry.

Good luck. Keep us updated.

Brendan

Mar 20, 2014 at 11:49 PM
PhillipHislop

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · anyone else having a problem with lightroom 5.3 hanging on import?

I had similar problems when I first installed but it has just disappeared suddenly. Strange.

Mar 21, 2014 at 03:49 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password