Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       6       end

Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)

jsv_20
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #1 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)

A little tip for those of you who want an even bigger discount. This will only work if you're a first time user of Google Wallet. Place your order via the BH app or the mobile site and pay with Google Wallet and you can get an additional $70-$95 off.

It's no secret, but it's not common knowledge that Google is offering an additional 6% off your purchase at BH:

http://www.prweb.com/releases/Google/Teams-Up-with-BHPhoto/prweb11371904.htm

[edited to correct my math]

Edited on Mar 23, 2014 at 12:25 AM · View previous versions

Mar 22, 2014 at 11:31 PM
abhijeeth
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #2 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)

jsv_20 wrote:
A little tip for those of you who want an even bigger discount. This will only work if you're a first time user of Google Wallet. Place your order via the BH app or the mobile site and pay with Google Wallet and you can get an additional $70-$120 off.

It's no secret, but it's not common knowledge that Google is offering an additional 6% off your purchase at BH:

http://www.prweb.com/releases/Google/Teams-Up-with-BHPhoto/prweb11371904.htm

Thanks, good to know !
I read the link and thought this might be useful for some folks :

"........
*Note: Google Wallet option will be disabled for purchases over $1,600 (before shipping & taxes) as well as for certain products restricted by Google....."

Mar 23, 2014 at 12:07 AM
jsv_20
• •
p.5 #3 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)

abhijeeth--excellent point. When I bought mine I tried to find these deals by searching directly on the app and the mobile site--the discounts never showed up, and I couldn't pay via Google Wallet. So I came back here and tried Fred's link and it worked like a charm. The discount lowered the price enough on the mobile site so that I could pay via Google Wallet and get an additional $93 off.

Mar 23, 2014 at 12:36 PM
mcbroomf
• • • •
p.5 #4 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)

Oh well, resistance was useless ...
Great deal for the A7r + 55mm, I don't own a cell phone so I couldn't get the Google Wallet deal but $650 off is excellent. Had to call though.

Mike

Mar 23, 2014 at 04:53 PM
cub4bearin

p.5 #5 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)

i was solo close to pull the trigger and at the end decided to stick with my Sony RX1R for now.. as great deal as it is.. one camera for me is plenty and size matter (RX1R is smaller at this point)..

Still, wish I could have both if $$$ wasn't that big issue.

Mar 24, 2014 at 05:28 AM
jep10

p.5 #6 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)

I talked to 2 different B&H sales people yesterday and today and one said the promotion has ended but the 2nd one said that the promotion link is tied to a specific email and can't be reused again which is why the discount disappears once you log in.

Does anyone know of a way to still get this promotion of $460 off? I should have pulled the trigger last week when it was working in my cart!

Mar 24, 2014 at 08:52 PM
Patrick Cox
• • • •
p.5 #7 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)

jep10 wrote:
I talked to 2 different B&H sales people yesterday and today and one said the promotion has ended but the 2nd one said that the promotion link is tied to a specific email and can't be reused again which is why the discount disappears once you log in.

Does anyone know of a way to still get this promotion of $460 off? I should have pulled the trigger last week when it was working in my cart!

Call back and beg! I am also saw one on B&S board from a guy who changed mind. Sure there will be more. Good luck.

Mar 24, 2014 at 09:19 PM
KatManDEW

p.5 #8 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)

Is this the correct Metabones adapter for the a7R and canon lenses?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/983747-REG/metabones_mb_ef_e_bm3_canon_ef_to_e_mount_nex.html

Mar 25, 2014 at 02:45 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.5 #9 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)

Yes, that is the correct version.

Mar 25, 2014 at 03:53 AM
KatManDEW

p.5 #10 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)

Fred Miranda wrote:
Yes, that is the correct version.

Thanks! Still have my finger hovering over the order button... Items have been in my cart for a few days.

Mar 25, 2014 at 04:02 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

KatManDEW

p.5 #11 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)

Anyone have any thoughts on this promotional sale? Anyone think there's a chance they may be trying to hook as many Canon "glass investors" as possible, before Canon announces a camera with a competitive sensor?

Mar 25, 2014 at 03:29 PM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.5 #12 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)

Good to close out the fiscal year with strong sales?

Mar 25, 2014 at 03:45 PM
Patrick Cox
• • • •
p.5 #13 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)

ken.vs.ryu wrote:
Good to close out the fiscal year with strong sales?

Do they have a March fiscal year? If so, I agree. I'll take it!

Mar 25, 2014 at 03:49 PM
tophoto.

p.5 #14 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)

Maybe we will see some A7R's priced close to a grand near the end of summer on the used market thanks to this, thats a price I could definitely get behind as a full time student.

Mar 25, 2014 at 03:58 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.5 #15 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)

These Sony (and to a slightly lesser extent, Nikon D600/610 and D800/e) prices and the head start in market access are going to put Canon in a similar position to what Nikon was in due to its resisting so long to develop FF bodies. By the time Nikon did come out with FF, Canon had so many generations, that FF used bodies (especially 1Ds and 5D) could be had pretty cheaply, further disincentive to buy a new or exorbitantly priced used Nikon FF.

I'm really kind of surprised that Canon has so easily relinquished their lead in high MP sensors. It seemed the Nikon D3X was sort of a fluke against the 1Ds3.

Inevitably, this will drive down the price Canon can introduce new FF models, whether or not they are high MP/DR or not.

I'm not putting Canon down, but all this price cutting is making the Sony a7R and Nikon D800e more appealing, rather than wait indefinitely for Canon to release an equivalent (or game-changing) IQ camera.

However the cake is cut, we consumers will come out ahead.

Mar 25, 2014 at 05:45 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.5 #16 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)

tophoto. wrote:
Maybe we will see some A7R's priced close to a grand near the end of summer on the used market thanks to this, thats a price I could definitely get behind as a full time student.

Yes, at that point, I probably wouldn't even bother trying to buy the awful and expensive Metabones, and instead buy simple adapters to use my various manual focus/manual aperture lenses. I couldn't treat it as a "serious" camera in that case (my collection is lacking manual UWA and TS lenses), anymore than my M4/3 foray turned out to be -- fun for a while, but ultimately not a productive tool.

Mar 25, 2014 at 05:55 PM
KatManDEW

p.5 #17 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)

Gunzorro wrote:
These Sony (and to a slightly lesser extent, Nikon D600/610 and D800/e) prices and the head start in market access are going to put Canon in a similar position to what Nikon was in due to its resisting so long to develop FF bodies. By the time Nikon did come out with FF, Canon had so many generations, that FF used bodies (especially 1Ds and 5D) could be had pretty cheaply, further disincentive to buy a new or exorbitantly priced used Nikon FF.

I'm really kind of surprised that Canon has so easily relinquished their lead in high MP sensors. It
...Show more

The a7R seems like the game changer to me. Because without it, Canon would still demand top dollar for a higher res, higher DR body (if and when that happens), in spite of what Nikon (or anyone else) has to offer, because Canon users would be stuck with Canon lenses that they couldn't use on a Nikon. The a7R changes that dynamic.

Mar 25, 2014 at 06:18 PM
jim bennett
• • •
p.5 #18 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)

Patrick Cox wrote:
Call back and beg! I am also saw one on B&S board from a guy who changed mind. Sure there will be more. Good luck.

Definitely watch the B&S forum over the next few months as people who picked one up decide its not for them and unload them used

Mar 25, 2014 at 06:21 PM
retrofocus
• • • •
p.5 #19 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)

Gunzorro wrote:
Yes, at that point, I probably wouldn't even bother trying to buy the awful and expensive Metabones, and instead buy simple adapters to use my various manual focus/manual aperture lenses. I couldn't treat it as a "serious" camera in that case (my collection is lacking manual UWA and TS lenses), anymore than my M4/3 foray turned out to be -- fun for a while, but ultimately not a productive tool.

This is right in regard to the adapter. I bought the Metabones adapter to see how AF is working but most of the time I am simply using my EF lenses on this adapter in MF mode because it is so easy with the A7R to focus manually. Not sure if IS is working with EF adapters which have no AF control. This still might be a benefit of the Metabones III adapter.

Mar 25, 2014 at 06:30 PM
douflag
• •
p.5 #20 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)

Ugh. Looks like deal is dead again. Any new links?

Mar 27, 2014 at 09:59 PM
       6       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

6       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password