Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
4
       5       6       end
  

Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)
  
 
tennclay
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


Patrick Cox wrote:
Yes, the $300 is a Sony mail in rebate and the $460 is a point of purchase discount. And you can get both. And if you buy a bundle you can get more than $460 off. My suggestion is to call B&H and speak with a sales rep and see what is available. It is worth the effort for sure. Good luck.


I think how it works is that the$460 is in lieu of the Sony trade in - it is applied automatically. Then, on top of that BH will give you the value of a trade in off in addition. That must be why some people are getting $0 estimates for a worthless trade-in.

At least that is what this says - http://milled.com/b-h-photo/twVDXHNDFV3NGwlV

Still I am very tempted to get the A7 for kicks - $1238 is pretty good...




Mar 20, 2014 at 11:42 PM
John Wolf
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #2 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


The way B&H explained it to me, the $460 is automatic and does not require a trade-in. You can then get an additional trade-in credit, but at the used camera's appraisal value. I got an A7 body for $1238 with no trade obligation.

John



Mar 20, 2014 at 11:58 PM
KatManDEW
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #3 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


I saw the discount earlier today, but it's gone now


Mar 21, 2014 at 12:23 AM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #4 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


KatManDEW wrote:
I saw the discount earlier today, but it's gone now



I just checked and the ($460 off) is still working for me in two of my computers and iPad.

Try this link instead.

BTW: On top of the $460 off, there is also a 4% rewards.



Mar 21, 2014 at 12:33 AM
KatManDEW
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #5 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


That link worked! Thanks!!!


Mar 21, 2014 at 12:47 AM
j.liam
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #6 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


No longer triggers the discount


Mar 21, 2014 at 02:36 AM
ken.vs.ryu
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #7 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


Make sure you're not logged in j.l


Mar 21, 2014 at 02:58 AM
j.liam
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #8 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


ken.vs.ryu wrote:
Make sure you're not logged in j.l

K....

It worked! Thanks!



Mar 21, 2014 at 03:30 AM
bcheng94
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #9 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


Good deal..


Mar 21, 2014 at 04:26 AM
jsv_20
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #10 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


It worked as of 03/20. Thanks for the link and for the tip on how to save more! Crazy insane deal for a FF camera.


Mar 21, 2014 at 07:10 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



mcbroomf
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #11 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


I got the right price after logging out of B&H before using Fred's new link. Added the 55mm lens to the A7r body and got the combined price. As soon as I logged into B&H the body price discount vanished.

I wonder if someone is trying to tell me something?

I may break down and call today ... still on the fence. This discount pretty much pays for my a6000, but I'm not sure I'll want it any more. I may have to buy the Canon 24mm TSE II though

Analysis paralysis ...



Mar 21, 2014 at 11:30 AM
tennclay
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #12 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


mcbroomf wrote:
I got the right price after logging out of B&H before using Fred's new link. Added the 55mm lens to the A7r body and got the combined price. As soon as I logged into B&H the body price discount vanished.

I wonder if someone is trying to tell me something?

I may break down and call today ... still on the fence. This discount pretty much pays for my a6000, but I'm not sure I'll want it any more. I may have to buy the Canon 24mm TSE II though

Analysis paralysis ...


I had the same problem, the discount showed up when going to the link and disappeared when I logged on, or if I was already logged on it disappeared when I tried to check out. I got it to work by logging in, opening the discount link and adding it to the cart, then bypassing the normal checkout by clicking the PayPal button.

They also have the big HVL-F60m flash in stock now and if you add it to the A7/28-70 kit it is only $98 extra- for a total of $1638 or so for the camera, lens, and flash. Like Fred, I am now dollar cost averaging after buying the R at retail.



Mar 21, 2014 at 02:43 PM
mcbroomf
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #13 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


I just ordered the new 12mm Samyang for APSc so I'm going to stick with Nex/a6000 for at least a while longer.


Mar 21, 2014 at 04:22 PM
mhespenheide
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #14 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


If this is still running (and I think it might be; it appeared to be possible yesterday evening [3/20]), does anyone want to split an a7 & kit lens combination? I already have the a7r but I'm curious about the kit lens as a walk-around. E-mail me directly at "markhespenheide" via yahoo. Thanks!


Mar 21, 2014 at 04:40 PM
jim bennett
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #15 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


I did a live chat with B&H and they said this is still going through the end of March.


Mar 21, 2014 at 05:09 PM
MikeItIs
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #16 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


Just ordered the A7 with lens for $1538 by using the latest link posted by Fred


Mar 21, 2014 at 07:12 PM
abhijeeth
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #17 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


John Wolf wrote:
The way B&H explained it to me, the $460 is automatic and does not require a trade-in. You can then get an additional trade-in credit, but at the used camera's appraisal value. I got an A7 body for $1238 with no trade obligation.

John


Thanks, this is correct.
Looking forward to my A7R



Mar 21, 2014 at 08:01 PM
mike reid
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #18 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


maybe it will drive used prices down too


Mar 21, 2014 at 08:42 PM
tennclay
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #19 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


mhespenheide wrote:
If this is still running (and I think it might be; it appeared to be possible yesterday evening [3/20]), does anyone want to split an a7 & kit lens combination? I already have the a7r but I'm curious about the kit lens as a walk-around. E-mail me directly at "markhespenheide" via yahoo. Thanks!



I sent you an email Mark.



Mar 21, 2014 at 09:02 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #20 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


mike reid wrote:
maybe it will drive used prices down too


It already affected the used prices on the Buy and Sell board.



Mar 22, 2014 at 05:33 PM
1       2       3      
4
       5       6       end




FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
4
       5       6       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password