Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
3
       4       5       6       end
  

Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)
  
 
PNArruda
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


sebboh wrote:
yes, and yes.



Well, I did it! Too good of a deal to pass! Purchased the a7. Thanks!



Mar 20, 2014 at 01:27 AM
swldstn
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


Too much G.A.S. Pulled the trigger and bought a A7 to go with my A7R. Question is when will there be more lenses to make owning two bodies worth it? I have the 55mm and 35mm Sony/Zeiss lenses but we need an 85mm f/1.8 (should be small enough and offer the same capability of the XF 56mm f/1.2 I got for DOF) or some kind of wide lens like a 21mm f/2.8.

Have a full Canon and Fuji X-E2 based kit so I'm not sure why I'm doing this but 24 & 36 Mpixels in such a small body does intrigue me.



Mar 20, 2014 at 02:35 AM
Huang123
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


yep, such a good deal. I gave up on it last night, but I couldn't resist to order it this afternoon. ordered an A7 with 24-70 f4 combo.


Mar 20, 2014 at 02:55 AM
DerKaiser
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


Deal is still active this morning, at least I am seeing the $1238 A7 body price. Decided not to bite at this time. Maybe in a year or two when the system matures.


Mar 20, 2014 at 02:21 PM
kdrk888
Online
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


Huang123 wrote:
yep, such a good deal. I gave up on it last night, but I couldn't resist to order it this afternoon. ordered an A7 with 24-70 f4 combo.


I didn't see a combo deal with the 24-70 f/4, only with the kit lens. Ordered it anyway, couldn't resist. Thanks Fred for the link.



Mar 20, 2014 at 02:24 PM
shoevarek
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)




DerKaiser wrote:
Deal is still active this morning, at least I am seeing the $1238 A7 body price. Decided not to bite at this time. Maybe in a year or two when the system matures.

Two times had the camera in my basket but twice forced myself to cancel the order. The vision of the same cameras being offered by you guys for hundreds less on the sell board within next few months (actually even now) helped me overcome my GAS problem ;-). That and the fact that my "dying" alpha system still is probably no much for my skills. Kilo more to carry is not a problem. I think of it as a bonus - allows me to also save on gym fees.




Mar 20, 2014 at 03:06 PM
umsl12
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


shoevarek wrote:
Two times had the camera in my basket but twice forced myself to cancel the order. The vision of the same cameras being offered by you guys for hundreds less on the sell board within next few months (actually even now) helped me overcome my GAS problem ;-). That and the fact that my "dying" alpha system still is probably no much for my skills. Kilo more to carry is not a problem. I think of it as a bonus - allows me to also save on gym fees.



In last minute, I didn't bite either. I cancelled my order ( A7 and 35mm 2.8) this morning and continue to shoot with my Fuji and D600 systems. I feel that it's very close but not time to replace a FF DSLR yet. Probably one or two years later. Fuji still has not had FF and Sony's E-mount FF lens availability is so limited.



Mar 20, 2014 at 04:20 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


The deal is still ON this morning. I went ahead and got my second body. I paid full price for the first...At least I can average things out.


Mar 20, 2014 at 04:24 PM
itai195
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


This is a great deal. Considering picking up an A7r to complement my A7.


Mar 20, 2014 at 04:45 PM
Huang123
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)



You have to add the lens separately through the savings option to save $200 for the lens. I am paying 2287 for A7 body and a 24-70 f4
kdrk888 wrote:
I didn't see a combo deal with the 24-70 f/4, only with the kit lens. Ordered it anyway, couldn't resist. Thanks Fred for the link.




Mar 20, 2014 at 06:16 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



ronno
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


Just to be clear, AF is possible with Canon EF lenses, but Nikons are MF only?


Mar 20, 2014 at 08:21 PM
Patrick Cox
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


If you can't get the website to work you should call B&H. That is what I did. I got an amazing bundle price and then you can still get the $300 trade in rebate in addition to the discount! I expect to see a flood of Sony flashes for sale!


Mar 20, 2014 at 08:46 PM
abhijeeth
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


Patrick Cox wrote:
If you can't get the website to work you should call B&H. That is what I did. I got an amazing bundle price and then you can still get the $300 trade in rebate in addition to the discount! I expect to see a flood of Sony flashes for sale!


Thanks for bringing this up Patrick. I wanted to discuss this specifically.

I ordered the A7R yesterday for the discounted price ($1838) online with the promo code mentioned and I got a shipment notification email this morning. In addition to that, I also received a separate email about the $300 trade-in program.

My question is: does the promo code posted here on FM require you to trade-in a camera? In other words, is the $300 discount truly an additional discount on top of the $460 off we have received already?

If somebody were to confirm this, that would be greatly appreciated ! Needless to say, it would be amazing value!
(part of me thinks that this is too good to be true though...hence the question)



Mar 20, 2014 at 09:54 PM
carstenw
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


ronno wrote:
Just to be clear, AF is possible with Canon EF lenses, but Nikons are MF only?


Yes



Mar 20, 2014 at 09:57 PM
kdrk888
Online
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


abhijeeth wrote:
Thanks for bringing this up Patrick. I wanted to discuss this specifically.

I ordered the A7R yesterday for the discounted price ($1838) online with the promo code mentioned and I got a shipment notification email this morning. In addition to that, I also received a separate email about the $300 trade-in program.

My question is: does the promo code posted here on FM require you to trade-in a camera? In other words, is the $300 discount truly an additional discount on top of the $460 off we have received already?

If somebody were to confirm this, that would be greatly appreciated ! Needless
...Show more

I don't think the $300 trade in is in addition to the $460 discount, that would be too good to be true. Hope I am wrong though.



Mar 20, 2014 at 10:02 PM
abhijeeth
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


ya...

But what about the $460 discount with the promo code though? Do you still need to send in something? I don't think so but am not sure. Doesn't say anywhere in the terms and conditions or during Checkout ....

I would still be happy even if it were to be **only** a $460 discount as long as it doesn't involve rebate paperwork - i dislike filling out rebate forms!



Mar 20, 2014 at 10:12 PM
pixelreaper
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


Holy Cow! Just scored an a7R + 35 FE 2.8 for $2,436 from BH. Brand New. I had to call and ask for the deal as I only could find the $300 with the trade in. They gave me $460.00 off with no trade in and the $200.00 off the 35mm as part of the on going discount program.

Thanks Fred!!!!! Good Find!

Dimitri

Edited on Mar 20, 2014 at 11:03 PM · View previous versions



Mar 20, 2014 at 10:17 PM
Patrick Cox
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


abhijeeth wrote:
Thanks for bringing this up Patrick. I wanted to discuss this specifically.

I ordered the A7R yesterday for the discounted price ($1838) online with the promo code mentioned and I got a shipment notification email this morning. In addition to that, I also received a separate email about the $300 trade-in program.

My question is: does the promo code posted here on FM require you to trade-in a camera? In other words, is the $300 discount truly an additional discount on top of the $460 off we have received already?

If somebody were to confirm this, that would be greatly appreciated ! Needless
...Show more

Yes, the $300 is a Sony mail in rebate and the $460 is a point of purchase discount. And you can get both. And if you buy a bundle you can get more than $460 off. My suggestion is to call B&H and speak with a sales rep and see what is available. It is worth the effort for sure. Good luck.



Mar 20, 2014 at 10:30 PM
igmolinav
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


Hi,

Today is the 20th, already 5:30 p.m. NYC time and it is not working!

Best,

igmolinav : ) !!!



Mar 20, 2014 at 10:37 PM
Patrick Cox
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · Deal: Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)


igmolinav wrote:
Hi,

Today is the 20th, already 5:30 p.m. NYC time and it is not working!

Best,

igmolinav : ) !!!


As I said, your best chance is to call B&H. They close at 7 EST.



Mar 20, 2014 at 10:39 PM
1       2      
3
       4       5       6       end




FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
3
       4       5       6       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password