Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Hendrik, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

clogged jets on the epson r3000

zachary101

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · clogged jets on the epson r3000

i have a epson stylus photo r 3000 an i keep getting photo ink blotches, i keep reading that the head cleaning function on the printer makes it worse an i believe so because it hasn't helped. the printer is off
warranty so I'm open to suggestions to any proceeders that i can do that would work on the r3000. Is magic bullet a reputable item an will it work on the 3000. Epson wants me to send away which would cost a fortune need alternate plan.
thankyou

Mar 16, 2014 at 02:31 PM
calk
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · clogged jets on the epson r3000

There is a company in Vermont, InkJet Mall, that sells printer supplies, including specialized supplies for cleaning and maintaining printers. I had an Epson R2400 which was plagued with clogged jets, due in large part to my allowing it to syand idle too long between printing sessions. It often took several cleaning cycles to clear the blockages. This is a huge waste of really expensive ink. I found some cleaning tools and fluid for my printer at InkJet Mall. They have online videos demonstrating the cleaning procedures, too.

I am quite satisfied with the results. I suggest you have a look:

www.inkjetmall.com

Cal

Mar 16, 2014 at 04:46 PM
colinm
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · clogged jets on the epson r3000

How old is the ink? If cleaning cycles are making the problem worse (or just moving the clogs around), it's generally because the ink is less "ink" and more "sludge".

Epson advises a lifetime of 6 months for an installed cartridge; realistically you can go 9-12 without issue depending on the particular color. Beyond that time, quit being cheap and replace the ink, because trying to be cheap is probably the issue.

Mar 16, 2014 at 05:12 PM
biogon2128

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · clogged jets on the epson r3000

Check out InkJet Mall get the small format ink jet printer cleaning kit. see link. I had a clogged PK channel from hell and this did the trick and had me up and running quickly.

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.362672/sc.18/category.31348/.f

Mar 24, 2014 at 08:52 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · clogged jets on the epson r3000

Maybe it is super old ink?

My R3000 has been amazingly resistant. It's been off for weeks at a time under all sorts of weather conditions and some of the ink must be more than a year old and so far I've only once ever had a clog and is was the tiniest clog ever and one cycle had it fixed. A million billion times better than my ink pig clog monster R800.

Mar 24, 2014 at 11:12 PM
Shutterbug2006
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · clogged jets on the epson r3000

skibum5 wrote:
Maybe it is super old ink?

My R3000 has been amazingly resistant. It's been off for weeks at a time under all sorts of weather conditions and some of the ink must be more than a year old and so far I've only once ever had a clog and is was the tiniest clog ever and one cycle had it fixed. A million billion times better than my ink pig clog monster R800.

Yeah, I went through three R800's. Boy they were bad! But I think every Epson printer I ever owned had problems with the heads clogging with dried ink.

Compare that to my HP Z3100 44" 12-ink printer - never ever had a print clog. It sits for months unused sometimes and fires right up.

Best darn printer I've ever owned.

Mar 26, 2014 at 12:14 AM
bobh665

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · clogged jets on the epson r3000

Sounds like it needs a good cleaning. Follow the instructions in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKzxAm9QtWo

Mar 26, 2014 at 03:38 AM
runamuck
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · clogged jets on the epson r3000

When my R800 finally quit feeding paper, I almost turned cartwheels. My R3000 just sat all winter and it developed one tiny clog. The winter was extreme in that it was consistently below zero outside and indoor humidities got as low as 5%.

Mar 30, 2014 at 03:39 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password