Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Old account not working?? Fred / Admin, please help

Randyp001

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Old account not working?? Fred / Admin, please help

Hi all,

My old account Randyp01 doesn't work. I login and it tosses me into a weird loop. I sign in and then the forum "breaks". Is there anyway I can get my account back? Password recovery doesn't work. I have quite a bit of positive feedback on that account so I'd like to keep it. Thanks for any help!

Mar 15, 2014 at 03:15 PM
Randyp001

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Old account not working?? Fred / Admin, please help

http://s78.photobucket.com/user/photobucketgallery/library/FM

This is how it looks like when I enter my "broken" account's email address and retrieve password then login. Nothing works! I have to sign out using the hosting link. Also, my OLD OLD SN "Randy P" (which encountered much of the same issue as this current broken account so I just made Randyp01) is shown when I use password retrieval when I know for sure my email is tied to my "Randyp01" account. What's the mix up?

Mar 15, 2014 at 03:40 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Old account not working?? Fred / Admin, please help

You should send a PM to Fred. Use the "Moderated by:" link at the top right of most pages.

Mar 15, 2014 at 06:22 PM
kzoockof
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Old account not working?? Fred / Admin, please help

Randy, I ran into this problem, for several months trying to get my old account re-activated. Tried to send Fred messages via FM and Facebook, but never got any replies.

In the end, I had to create a new account.

But subsequently what I found out, the site changed. The is "old site" and new or current site. After getting a new account, I found I could actually search the old account for my old username, which I eventually found. I had to specify "old account" and then specific years when I did this search.

I will try to do a search in the "old site" for the username you posted.

Mar 17, 2014 at 08:59 PM
kzoockof
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Old account not working?? Fred / Admin, please help

Okay Randy, I went to the search button on the home page. I copied in your old username and searched in Poster Username (this is one of the option in the drop down box) after the word in:

Timeline I put: anytime (drop down option)

Board: all boards (drop down option)

Year: 2010

Your postings came up from that year. I clicked on your name in the list of posting and it game me your feedback as of that time (year 2010) with a feedback rating of 22 and that you were registered as of May 26, 2007 (FYI, that is one day after my birthday, so if you need my address for sending me a present, just PM me! that date is getting closer than you think).

But here is the problem, I don't know how to "go back to the old site" and log in within the "old site". Like you, I lost my old feedback, which was important to me.

My way around that was to provide the link to my old username and feedback when I wanted to make sure somebody was interested.

It would be great if there were a way to "link" old accounts and new accounts, but if there is, I don't know how.

Mar 17, 2014 at 09:07 PM
temporary72

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Old account not working?? Fred / Admin, please help

jcolwell wrote:
You should send a PM to Fred. Use the "Moderated by:" link at the top right of most pages.

I'm trying to reset my old password and you can't PM Fred until you have 250 posts. My old email is defunct, so I can't reset my password automatically. I just wanted to keep my user name. Unlike the OP, I have no rating for the old name, so I guess it's not as vital.

Tim

Mar 18, 2014 at 08:50 PM
Randyp001

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Old account not working?? Fred / Admin, please help

Thank you so much for the detective work! You're a gem my friend!

So I guess I'll have to build up this account . Quite a pain. I wonder why it does that...ugh.

kzoockof wrote:
Okay Randy, I went to the search button on the home page. I copied in your old username and searched in Poster Username (this is one of the option in the drop down box) after the word in:

Timeline I put: anytime (drop down option)

Board: all boards (drop down option)

Year: 2010

Your postings came up from that year. I clicked on your name in the list of posting and it game me your feedback as of that time (year 2010) with a feedback rating of 22 and that you were registered as of May 26, 2007 (FYI, that is one day after
...Show more

Mar 24, 2014 at 02:05 AM
Randyp001

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Old account not working?? Fred / Admin, please help

SO very frustrating. Still no responses or replies. Now I need to build up my account in order to even post to buy and sell :/

Apr 03, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Randyp001

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Old account not working?? Fred / Admin, please help

The frustrating part is I need 25 posts to even PM fred!

Apr 03, 2014 at 11:32 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Old account not working?? Fred / Admin, please help

No, Tim it's Not 250 posts it's 25 and 4 months for B&S option (after paying .the fee). Fred can be PMd using tHe moderator link.

Apr 03, 2014 at 11:59 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Old account not working?? Fred / Admin, please help

So, let me see if I understand the issue:
You have the login credentials for "randyp01"
Once you login, it does not let you see the forum. (per your images)

I just tested the account randyp01 and the login worked without any issues. The email you were using for that account is different and the state is also different. (Hawaii)

Try login in again using a different browser or restart your browser/computer. It should work.
Fred

Apr 04, 2014 at 01:49 AM
Randyp001

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Old account not working?? Fred / Admin, please help

Hi Fred,

Yes, I've moved to San Fran in June. I'm going to reset the password (using the bboy.ruphio gmail) and see if that works. I'll report back, thanks!

Apr 04, 2014 at 04:35 AM
Randyp001

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Old account not working?? Fred / Admin, please help

Just attempted to reset my password. It seems that the problem is my randyp01 and my FIRST account that this same thing happened to "Randy P" are both linked to my gmail account. When I reset the account, it sends me login info to Randy P...and when even attempting to sign in with that info, it still gives me the same issue of not seeing the forum or even being able to logout.

Anything else I can do Fred? Maybe delete my Randy P account? Or is my account linked to a different email or something?

Apr 04, 2014 at 04:44 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Old account not working?? Fred / Admin, please help

Randyp001 wrote:
Just attempted to reset my password. It seems that the problem is my randyp01 and my FIRST account that this same thing happened to "Randy P" are both linked to my gmail account. When I reset the account, it sends me login info to Randy P...and when even attempting to sign in with that info, it still gives me the same issue of not seeing the forum or even being able to logout.

Anything else I can do Fred? Maybe delete my Randy P account? Or is my account linked to a different email or something?

Try now.

Apr 04, 2014 at 04:59 AM
randyp01
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Old account not working?? Fred / Admin, please help

YOU ROCK FRED!!!

Apr 04, 2014 at 05:00 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password