Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Hendrik, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

CS6 viewing thumbnails too small?

Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · CS6 viewing thumbnails too small?

OK, this is driving me crazy. With CS6 open, I select File-Open and then pull from a folder and get a thumbnail view of my CR2 RAW's but the thumbnails are too small. I can't find a toggle to enlarge them, I am on a MAC 27 machine. They are quite small and I can't distinguish them for selection purposes.

Help please.....
Thanks
Karl

Mar 12, 2014 at 08:17 PM
hugowolf
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · CS6 viewing thumbnails too small?

Karl Witt wrote:
OK, this is driving me crazy. With CS6 open, I select File-Open and then pull from a folder and get a thumbnail view of my CR2 RAW's but the thumbnails are too small. I can't find a toggle to enlarge them, I am on a MAC 27 machine. They are quite small and I can't distinguish them for selection purposes.

I presume that like Windows, Photoshop isn't generating the Open dialog, it requests it from the OS. It should be the same as changing the icon size in Finder.

Mar 12, 2014 at 08:53 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · CS6 viewing thumbnails too small?

Yes it seems the Open dialog launches a window that looks like Finder but does not allow access to change Thumbnail size, when open it is still Photoshop at the top menu bar, seems there would be a toggle in Photoshop preferences to set the thumbnail size??

Karl

Mar 13, 2014 at 12:03 AM
hugowolf
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · CS6 viewing thumbnails too small?

Karl Witt wrote:
Yes it seems the Open dialog launches a window that looks like Finder but does not allow access to change Thumbnail size,

Have you tried changing the tumbnail size for the folder you are looking at in Finder? It may then default to that when you use the Open dialog in Photoshop.

Karl Witt wrote:
when open it is still Photoshop at the top menu bar,

Title bar.

Karl Witt wrote:
seems there would be a toggle in Photoshop preferences to set the thumbnail size??

I really don't think it is anything to do with Photoshop. It has no control in how things appear in the Mac Open dialog.

Brian A

Mar 13, 2014 at 12:12 AM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · CS6 viewing thumbnails too small?

hugowolf wrote:
Have you tried changing the tumbnail size for the folder you are looking at in Finder? It may then default to that when you use the Open dialog in Photoshop.

Title bar.

I really don't think it is anything to do with Photoshop. It has no control in how things appear in the Mac Open dialog.

Brian A

Been all over looking for a option to change thumbnail.
Maybe PS is pushing to make the use of Bridge or Mini Bridge to view. That may be my workaround for now.
Thanks for the suggestions..........so far
Karl

Mar 13, 2014 at 12:35 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jeffrey
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · CS6 viewing thumbnails too small?

Stretch out the 'open' window or the column that displays the thumb. The image will conform to the size of the column, if it's anything like the finder.

Mar 16, 2014 at 09:39 PM
Peter Figen
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · CS6 viewing thumbnails too small?

A MUCH better option would be to use Bridge to view your files.

Mar 16, 2014 at 10:47 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · CS6 viewing thumbnails too small?

Peter Figen wrote:
A MUCH better option would be to use Bridge to view your files.

I meant to say that as well. Always have Bridge open behind PS.

Mar 17, 2014 at 04:04 PM
Alan321
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · CS6 viewing thumbnails too small?

Could have something to do with the screen resolution (pixels per inch) ? Some software assumes about 100 or 110 ppi but some of the monitors have much higher ppi and make things look smaller. Windows has a way of fixing this but not the Mac. Eventually the software will be upgraded to work with high ppi screens but it may not switch over until the ppi reaches 200 or whatever. Retina MacBook Pros use 220ppi and the standard MBPs used 110ppi. The high def MBPs used 132ppi.

- Alan

Mar 20, 2014 at 04:06 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password